Who subscribes to PokerGO? (1 Viewer)

Who Subscribes

• Yes

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 40 52.6%

• Total voters
I subscribed to watch some unfindable WSOP content from the last live WSOP.

Horrible UI and user experience. And then I canceled after watching the WSOP content and found a few months later they re-billed me. It was easily cleaned up by me contacting them...but...yeahhhhh...felt sketchy. They claimed a "bug" caused some people to be incorrectly re-billed. I wonder if they would have "fixed" the issue had I not called them out on it.

Recommend avoiding it unless you are looking at some very specific content, and even then, it'll be hell figuring out how to watch it - at least with FireTV stick, and the web UI was pretty trash too.

I have a PokerGO subscription and I think its finally worth the money. I was an early adopter when they first started broadcasting the WSOP and went for the 30 day free trial at the time. I decided to keep the sub since it was only $10 a month, but the content back then was severely lacking. Now, there is so much poker content, I don't know where to start or even sometimes where I left off (thanks horrible UI). They have brought back High Stakes Poker and it is really great. Tom Dwan, JRB, Hellmuth, and even Ivey and Polk. Definitely worth watching the whole season. On top of that there is the High Stakes Duels, Poker After Dark, WSOP replays/final tables, and not to mention all the PokerGO tournament series like the US Poker Open. IMO its a great value now after a few years of being out. Hope this helps!

To be fair to them, they did recently (a couple months ago) update their app. To be fair to paying subscribers, it's still absolute shit.

It's a little better than it used to be, insomuch as the desktop experience remembers your last video location if you go back to a video you hadn't finished, but that's about it. Smart tv/stick/mobile experience is still a joke in this day and age, and the user experience is a total failure.

BTW - If you're looking to go back and watch old WSOP, make sure you don't care about spoilers. They have the winner's photos and in the opening description line of every episode of every season.

I have to say, since I found PokerGo on PlutoTV (thanks @Tommy !!), I've been watching it more than when I paid for a subscription.......it's nice to just turn it on and watch whatever is on....
I missed the last few episodes of High Stakes S8, but it wasn't worth the subscription IMO...

I have to say, since I found PokerGo on PlutoTV (thanks @Tommy !!), I've been watching it more than when I paid for a subscription.......it's nice to just turn it on and watch whatever is on....
I missed the last few episodes of High Stakes S8, but it wasn't worth the subscription IMO...
Wait, PokerGo is on Pluto?

I have an on again, off again relationship with PokerGO. Their technical issues are many and it's shocking that they haven't corrected them by now. Things like forgotten playback locations, no easy FF or RW, etc. They also dropped support completely for Nvidia Shield TV devices (which I use). No Chromecast from Android, etc.

All that said, they remain the king of the content hill, so I always find myself limping back and renewing my sub so that I can watch things like the new HSP or some of the new PAD stuff, etc.

I'd like to just completely be done with them given their utter unwillingness to address their technical issues, but sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad, I guess.

I think most Android based platforms have an app. The Nvidia Shield TV used to have an app, but the PokerGO decided to drop support for it because not many people use it--according to their customer support.

So now I just chromecast from my browser. Not ideal, but the Android TV experience with PokerGO is crap anyway, so probably better off just casting from my browser.

I've never seen a provider so adamantly opposed to addressing customer technical issues as PokerGO. It's rather mind boggling. Their issues have been around since launch and they just don't seem to care. The content and production values are great. I guess they figure that is enough to keep subscription dollars flowing, so why bother actually making the experience better? Or maybe there is no budget left over for UI dev.

Not only is their software absolute shit since the beginning, but they insist on putting the winner of the event as the thumbnail for their episodes on most of their content, ostensibly making their catalog shit as well.

I can't tell you how much this annoys me. FFS just pick a random player for the event. May as well call it "The WSOP that Raymer Won".

I can't tell you how much this annoys me. FFS just pick a random player for the event. May as well call it "The WSOP that Raymer Won".
This has stopped me from watching their content on multiple occasions. As poker content has been less and less available over the years I figured hey what the hell let's go back and watch all the WSOPs I missed! Now it's not even worth it, nor is the subscription.

Free stickers to any PCF/PokerGo subscriber who wants them. Reply here then pm your full address.
1297B3F9-1A3F-4F66-8D9D-3348E32BA1B1.jpeg

To be honest I was pretty meh about PokerGO until the Hellmuth/DNegs heads up battle. If they keep cranking these out ~monthly, I will likely stay on the hook.

Just picked it up again for WSOP live streaming. Have been wanting to watch high stakes poker season 9 with WW as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom