Who recently posted a leaded vs non-leaded video to Facebook? (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
This actually caught my eye because @Spinettis Gaming linked this on Facebook.
I’m not sure where you got the idea that leaded paulsons have lead discs inside them, but they 100% do not. Break one in half if you don’t believe me. Leaded Paulsons had lead mixed into the clay formula. I’ve always assumed the lead was melted and mixed in, but I suppose it could have been in some kind of powdered form, though that would seem dangerous to work with. As far as TRKs go, I don’t know, I’m not a TRK guy nor have I ever broken one open, but I’d guess with 99% certainty that they don’t have lead discs inside them either.
As far as I know, the only high end chips that are slugged with metal discs for weight are plastics, like bud Jones. Not sure what metal they’re using, but it looks like brass to me.

Yes, Paulson did not, it was mixed in the clay. Some of the older Christy & Jones H&C's did. Those were made by Burt/ASM.

The blue/grey chip on the right is a Silver Slipper $1.

51006040958_34c420a33d_c.jpg

I’m not sure where you got the idea that leaded paulsons have lead discs inside them, but they 100% do not. Break one in half if you don’t believe me. Leaded Paulsons had lead mixed into the clay formula. I’ve always assumed the lead was melted and mixed in, but I suppose it could have been in some kind of powdered form, though that would seem dangerous to work with. As far as TRKs go, I don’t know, I’m not a TRK guy nor have I ever broken one open, but I’d guess with 99% certainty that they don’t have lead discs inside them either.
As far as I know, the only high end chips that are slugged with metal discs for weight are plastics, like bud Jones. Not sure what metal they’re using, but it looks like brass to me.
84013913-9332-478B-917F-7FCE48624B93.jpeg

Not Paulson, but THC. Maybe that’s what was being discussed?
No, the video mentioned Paulsons and TRKs specifically, which is why I addressed those. I appreciate that pic, @John Conor of what I assume is a christy and Jones? Good to know.

Last edited:
here's a very old Chip Club article written by Dr Allen Myers who actually x-rayed chips to see which ones had metal discs in them. It does mentions Paulson Auto-Truck chip, but don't forget, Burt (ASM) made H&C chips for Paulson for a little while before Paulson started manufacturing its own chips.

http://ccgtcc-ccn.com/Superweights.pdf

That was me who made the video!

My understanding is that it was a lead based powder, probably a compound of some sort. Not unlike how there used to be lead in paint and gasoline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom