Who prints good labels? (1 Viewer)

CO0LHand

Pair
Reaction score
So I know this is a super simple question but with CT down I haven't been able to see where people print their labels. I have some cheap chips that are going to hold me over until my customs are made and I wanted to label them.

I have Photoshop and I know the dimensions but I want to know where to print labels.

Is the process just:

Measure the inlay space.
Design the label.
Send correctly sized design to printer.
Profit?

I just want to make sure i know what I am getting myself into!

Thanks

I got a bunch of GV labels from Quicksilver-75 that I am happy with. I haven't used them yet as I am waiting for the chips to arrive that I will be applying them to.

I think I want vinyl labels but I don't want to spend too much so I might go with paper. I just have a cheapo set of Nexgen Pros that I got to tide me over until the set I ordered from CPC gets made but I want to get people used to the color scheme I am going to be using with values on the chips I purchased. I have read that some people have had issues getting some labels to stick to plastic and I want to avoid that if at all possible so anyone who has successfully done a Nexgen Pro labeling project I would love to hear from.

I have used PGI with great results on China Clays. I would definitely check out Gear-X and Quicksilver, I haven't used them but they appear to do great work.

If you need 15/16th or 1 inch labels and are looking for a cheap solution, slam dunk might be the answer. I have never used them and I haven't heard of anybody using them recently, but here is the website. - http://www.slamdunkimports.com/

Not sure they are still in business, does anybody know?

I don't know if chips hippie is still doing labels but give him a look. Good luck.
I haven't seen him back online since his accident. The last report I saw over on CT he was still recovering from a car accident.

I have also worked with him on a few projects and he was great to work with, a good option if he is back.

Make sure whoever does the labels knows you are putting them on NexGen Pros. Not all the labels will stick to them. I have NexGen Pros, and I made my own paper labels for one color. They've worked fine, but my solution, like yours, was until my better chips came in. I'm now in the process of selling the NexGen Pros. All but one color have the factory labels on them.

Yea my issue is that I am getting all unlabeled NexGen Pros because I want to start training my friends on the color scheme/value setup that my real set is going to be so I need to label every chip if possible.

That's why I am curious to know what labels work for the plastic chip.

Also does anyone have links to these places? Is this PGI? http://www.pgisd.com/browse-57352/Custom-Printed-Labels.html

Last edited:
As much as I really appreciate the nods and compliments, I do it for a hobby. Gear X is far more experienced and from what I understand is better equipped ie: different laminates and gloss and matte vinyl. I'd try him first. But if you want me to look at it I will happily oblige.

As much as I really appreciate the nods and compliments, I do it for a hobby. Gear X is far more experienced and from what I understand is better equipped ie: different laminates and gloss and matte vinyl. I'd try him first. But if you want me to look at it I will happily oblige.

Thanks Quicksilver!

Gear does vinyl labels, with or without laminate.
Ping him for a sample set, so you can actually put some labels on your chips and see what might work best for you.

If you pay for an order within 30 days of getting the samples, he will take the cost of the sample set off your order's total. :)

I had vinyl and paper labels for my Nexgen Las Vegas Molds and the vinyl stuck much better than the paper. The paper ones worked fine but it was easy to just peel them off. Vinyl wasn't so easy. I've got vinyl labels from PGI as well and they were top notch. I'm gonna eventually grab samples from Gear to see the different finishes.

I've ordered matte lamitated labels from PGI. Their labels are high quality and Joe will take very good care of you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom