Who is getting ready for March? (1 Viewer)

ekricket

Royal Flush
Reaction score
No more covid money, taxes are coming due, inflation is skyrocketing, higher interest rates are coming - lots of covid toys coming up for sale soon. Anyone saving money for the sell off?

The good news is that the extremists are finally seeing reality and this whole “endemic” (I believe that’s the politically correct word the extremists use now, “pandemic” just seems so mean) looks like it’s finally inconveniencing them enough (plus the extremists have actually caught the virus, so they can’t be superior anymore) so now it looks like there’s no big deal about it, just another disease that can kill people that we learn to treat. <—— those are not necessarily my opinions, just observations from the sidelines.

No more covid money, taxes are coming due, inflation is skyrocketing, higher interest rates are coming - lots of covid toys coming up for sale soon. Anyone saving money for the sell off?
I can use a new watch :)
But since rich got richer...we'll won't see Rolex or AP going for 10 cents on the dollar anytime soon.

I know everyone is excited for the City of Trees Soiree'......

Gun dealers were projecting this (a massive selloff by new owners) back in 2020 during the hysteria-fueled gun-run... but it has yet to materialize.

One headwind is the increases in salaries that are commensurate with inflation. The more people get paid, the more they'll be inclined to hold on to their goodies. Another issue is inflation itself... those toys people might be inclined to sell will not be sold at a discount, but at the "new" market price. That new price may very well be higher than the original sticker price; so scoring "deals" is unlikely. As I noted in another thread, my 2013 Jeep Wrangler is valued more today than what I paid for it in 2018... and that's with 30,000 additional miles tacked on.

1642010492642.png

And now there's word of two more $1,400 stimmy checks (for those who quality)... and the Fed's "tightening" plan realistically only works out to a few quarter-point increases over the next 12 months. What the hell is a 0.75-1% increase on rates? Nothing in the grand scheme.

Helicopter money and negative rates saves all. /sarc

I could be wrong. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom