Whitening yellowed bud jones chips (2 Viewers)

Potsie1

Full House
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
It works. I used 3% hydrogen peroxide, plastic tub and UV light for 8 hours.
A link to the video that gave me the idea is below.

20200225_071305.jpg

20200224_234224.jpg
20200225_072407.jpg

You can mix the H²O² with vaseline (and cover the drizzled object with foil) and it won't dry out during the bleeching period.

It works. I used 3% hydrogen peroxide, plastic tub and UV light for 8 hours.
3% hydrogen peroxide, meaning 97% water?

Did you flip the chips halfway through? Or do eight hours each side? Or justbdoneighr hours without flipping?

Any damage to the labels from being submerged that long?

3% hydrogen peroxide, meaning 97% water?

Did you flip the chips halfway through? Or do eight hours each side? Or justbdoneighr hours without flipping?

Any damage to the labels from being submerged that long?
It would be better to get a higher percent hydrogen peroxide but that's all I could find at the grocery store. No issue with labels. I had the lights on all sides so I didnt need to flip it.

The video suggests 8%... Did you go 8 hours because it was 3%?

I don't think the video showed how long to submerge...

Yes correct. I'm not even sure 8 hours is correct. I've done this twice. At 3% and 8 hours it delivered what you see. My guess is they could be slightly whiter than where they finished. I dont know where to get the 8%.

Also a lot of times he soaks items for 48 hours. I didnt want to do this because of labels. It would be inexpensive to test though.
The video suggests 8%... Did you go 8 hours because it was 3%?

I don't think the video showed how long to submerge...

This is awesome! I love restoration videos on YouTube. My favorites are the ones where some dude from eastern Europe finds old rusted tools that look like garbage from garage sales and turns it into pure gold.
Ive been going down so many youtube rabbit holes(someone start a thread) while stuck at home. I've been watching the ones you describe as well. They're awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom