White magic design idea (1 Viewer)

p5woody

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I started playing around with a design idea, feedback and suggestions are welcome. At this point is just a design for fun, but if I end up really liking the final design maybe it will turn into something. Also if there is enough interest maybe it will turn into a GB, who knows. Right now I have it mocked up on the ceramic card mold.

wm-7.png

Hey Steve,

I don't know much about this chip brand. What molds are available? Is there any mold that is "fitting" to this design?

I like this version much better than one of the originals that you shared with me. I think when there is color matching, it has to be minimal. I think this nails it.

Is there a story/reason behind the "white magic" theme? or just a crazy, fun idea that popped into that creative mind of yours?

I love the one. I think its the highlight of the set. The five is also great, but again, that spot pattern feels over used. The progression from the 20 to the 100 feels weird. That doesn't mean that I don't like it. It means that I need to reflect on it for a few days.

The frac is the weakest chip in the lineup. I don't love gray based chips.

My comments are simply nitpicking (which is what I think that you want). Otherwise, I really like where this is headed.

I am personally okay with the 'dark' portrayal of the wizard. My thought was white magic/black magic is dependent on your perspective. If I use magic to win a hand against you in poker, I consider that good (white) magic and you would consider it bad (black) magic. So even though the words say white magic, it would be viewed as black magic.

Quick backstory for this idea: Not really sure when it started, but magic has been used to explain a lot of things in our house. So it has kind of become a running family joke when somebody doesn't want to explain how something happened. Magic is the go to answer.

Cool design Steve! I think I like the mockups with the blue $1 more, but they're both great.

Good to see a new design from your direction!

This is a sweet design, $1 is my fave. Look forward to following for any tweaks.
The label made me think of the villain in Princess & the Frog. he was also into dark magic.
1608742635222.png

White magic in the poker world=Phil Hellmuth.

I wouldn’t want any chips where the design invokes him, even if unintentionally
This exactly. Except I mostly like Phil, so I’m good with it. Though, if we’re making Helmuth chips, they really should be tournament chips, not cash chips.

I’m not sure why but the shape of the $1 label isn’t working for me when mixed with the rest.

Hey Steve,

I don't know much about this chip brand. What molds are available? Is there any mold that is "fitting" to this design?

I like this version much better than one of the originals that you shared with me. I think when there is color matching, it has to be minimal. I think this nails it.

Is there a story/reason behind the "white magic" theme? or just a crazy, fun idea that popped into that creative mind of yours?

I love the one. I think its the highlight of the set. The five is also great, but again, that spot pattern feels over used. The progression from the 20 to the 100 feels weird. That doesn't mean that I don't like it. It means that I need to reflect on it for a few days.

The frac is the weakest chip in the lineup. I don't love gray based chips.

My comments are simply nitpicking (which is what I think that you want). Otherwise, I really like where this is headed.
The new one that is being designed “Wand & Hat” :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom