Whisper Vinyl Rail Repair (1 Viewer)

I had something similar on my rail. Somehow my cleaning people scratched or somehow melted the vinyl (maybe with a vacuum hose that was hot?) in one spot exposing the white fabric backing underneath the vinyl. At first I just colored the fabric with a dark blue Sharpie to approximate the color of the rail, but it always looked ragged. When I changed the cloth on my table two weeks ago, I also decided to put a cuff of the same vinyl over the damaged area. It doesn't look perfect, but it looks a lot better than it did. I simply cut a piece of the vinyl and folded the edges in so it would look neater and not fray over time. Then I just stapled it under the rail (which was removed when I did the cloth change). Don't have a before picture, but here is the after (the coloring on the picture is the result of bad lighting as the rail is navy blue..View attachment 153860

That's actually a good idea and no one would know it wasn't that way from the beginning. I agree with @CraigT78 , put another piece on the other side at it will look like it was supposed to be that way.

I would suggest just getting it re-vinyled. It is pretty easy to do if you have a compressor and/or staple gun.

That's actually a good idea and no one would know it wasn't that way from the beginning. I agree with @CraigT78 , put another piece on the other side at it will look like it was supposed to be that way.

I originally considered putting a similar patch on the other side, but after doing one side I didn't love the way it looked (although it was better than the scratched/torn vinyl) so I decided not to do the other side. I figured why make the other side look worse than it does. Symmetry vs style I guess. I have to say that no one at the game has ever really said anything one way or the other, although I think one of my guys said it looks like the designated dealer spot (we self-deal in our game so that was just a stylistic, rather than a functional comment). I guess I can always revisit the issue when I change the cloth again in two or three years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom