Which Tournament Do You Play and Why? (1 Viewer)

Which Tournament Do You Play?

• Tourney #1 $150 Buyin 20K Guaranteed

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Tourney #2 $330 Buyin 50K Guaranteed

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
**you can only play one event, not both, please don't respond with both**

TOURNEY #1 - $150 buyin 20K Guaranteed Prize Pool

25K starting stack
Single Day Event

Structure:

derby.jpg

TOURNEY #2 - $330 buyin 50K Guaranteed Prize Pool
20K starting stack
Multi-Day Event (five Day 1's followed by a Day 2)
Structure:

silks.jpg

Last edited:
Probably the higher stake, slower one. If I have the time to do it. That is how I like to play poker.

They're very similar.
I think I'd play the first one - the starting stack is bigger. 25k vs 20k doesn't seem like a big difference, but to me it makes the early levels more playable and bad beats/coolers more survivable.

It would depend on expected attendance. Tournament #1 is a non-stop marathon, starting at 1 PM and ending at 6 am the next morning if it's a 100 player tournament. At some point, that would stop being "fun" and be a grind. Tournament #2 doesn't list times, but it specifies 2 days. I suspect day 1 runs until around 2am, then cuts out for some sleep, and picks up with everyone refreshed. That would be far more fun IMO in a big field.

If attendance is expected to be fairly small, say... 60 players, day 1 would wrap around 3 am, and I would expect a deal cut around 2am. This is reasonable for me.

That said, I'd be out in level 6 either way, so I guess my points are mute.

I play tournaments and avoid cash games. People tend to become more upset during cash games. I can also control how much I spend with a tournament.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom