Which state has the best barbeque? (1 Viewer)

What state has the best BBQ?

• Total voters
I chose Missouri over Kansas for Kansas City. I'm not local to the area, but my understanding is the Missouri side is bigger and has more options. Plus, eff Kansas.

I got your Effin Kansas in my Effin pants.

The best BBQ in the metro is on the Kansas side (Joe's)

In the words of Anthony Bourdain "It's the best barbecue in Kansas City, which makes it the best barbecue in the world."

This^^^^^^^
Joe's is the best retail bbq you will ever have. Original restaurant is in a gas station

Also as someone who has done quite a bit of bbq on my own and a few comps.....it's not easy to always make good Q. Even less easy to make it for several hundred people day after day

In my (not so humble) opinion, Pulled pork >> ribs >> brisket. I presume that gives the victory to the Carolina's although I've never had BBQ there. I have had great BBQ all over the south and even in NEW YORK CITY.

In Tyler TX, we have one of the best BBQ joints in the state in Stanley's. Their Pork Brother-in-Law sandwich (Pulled pork, hot link, and sauce) is a modern miracle.

Hard to say which State is best since the palates vary from State to State but there are many great places all over the US. I would say for Brisket you have to try either Franklin in Austin, Texas or Cooper's in Llano, Texas. Then there is Miller's Smokehouse in Belton, Texas; The Granary in San Antonio, Texas, Black's in Lockhart, Texas or even Kreuz Market in Lockhart, Texas.

There are plenty of great BBQ places in Texas but I know that you will find Great BBQ in almost every state (Especially below the Mason-Dixon and in the Midwest). The best part about it is we can all keep trying them all in every state!

Just saying . . . . . if someone came down for All-in At The Alamo they could likely visit several of the top Texas BBQ joints. Might even be possible to ask my sweet wife to pickup a BBQ lunch sampler from Hays County BBQ in San Marcos on one of the times she drives into San Antonio. My favorite from there is the pork chop while she likes the turkey.

It seems like a shame to come all the way to Texas and not eat some fine BBQ -=- DrStrange

I don't know yet. Every time I get in the line for Franklin Barbecue, they sell out three or four people ahead of me. Dammit.
There is a way to get the BBQ from Franklin BBQ. I am thinking of doing here very soon. When are you in Austin anyway?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom