Which Pelican for 600-800 set? (1 Viewer)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I think this was discussed before and I thought I had it bookmarked but guess not. Which Pelican have you guys used for carrying around a 600-800 set?

Getting annoyed with carrying around the bird cage and the handle not very comfortable. Prefer to just get it over with and get a full blown “chip suitcase” for taking them around.

3800 for 600, 4800 for 800. You might be able to squeeze 800 into a 3800, but you won’t have room for much else.

Edit: you asked about Pelican, I answered in Apache models. Disregard.

No worries, I actually figured it out soon as I saw the model numbers since I recognize both. I’ve never seen an Apache in person and I think it’s only fair if I do prior to making decision.

The Apache 3800, Pelican 1450 & Members Mark 16" (out of stock) are all relatively the same interior dimensions. Perfect for 600-800 chips. Only benifit of the Pelican is the name and slightly better P&P foam. IMO not worth the extra cost as compared to the Apache or MM (out of stock) cases. All 3 provide protected chip storage.

Here is my layout for 800 chip in a MM 16" fits 800 plus room for card setup and DB's if needed.

membersmark-jpg.84888

Zaki bro, buy a bright color either orange or yellow Apache 3800 off Harborfreight.com if you don't have a local store... save the money these cases are amazing!!

Nanuk 920 is perfect for 8 racks (800 chips) and more economical compared to Pelican.
B&W is an even more economical (yet serious) brand but I 'm afraid it's not a choice in the New World.
Apache cases seem to be the best value-for-money bet in North America.
Not sure why you would have to go Pelican in the Americas if it's just for clay chips.

I am currently using a Pelican 1495 to carry 700 chips. I also have room for a couple decks of cards.

Zaki bro, buy a bright color either orange or yellow Apache 3800 off Harborfreight.com if you don't have a local store... save the money these cases are amazing!!

After seeing pics and examples, that’s what I’m doing. The orange pleases my eyes with my obsession with blaze orange! Sick case.

Thank you to everyone that contributed this thread. My old wooden case is falling apart and now I'm looking into reusing an old Pelican case (1450) that I have in the garage. Thanks :)

I'm looking at getting around 500 Nile Club chips and I wonder if they'll fit in the Pelican Storm iM2050?
  • 9.5" x 7.5" x 4.25" Interior Dimensions
It looks like the slightly larger cases can hold around 800 so I'm thinking this case might *just* cut it but not sure. Does anyone know? Or perhaps what is the measurement of chip stacks? (Shopping for chips right now too so don't have them to measure) Thanks!

Pelican-type, waterproof, shockproof, dust-proof, insulated cases are overkill for any chips other than traditional "clay".
Many would argue they 're overkill even for clay chips.

For just 500 ceramic chips, I would go with a sturdy aluminium Versa De Luxe case.

For the record, the Pelican case holding 8 racks (so, 800 chips) on two "floors" is the 1450

I’m going to be paying a visit to a company nearby me called Foamerica. They are a dealer for both Pelican, Nanuk and several others. Going to take one of my sets with me and test how 800-1000 chips fit in practically any case they have on site from those size ranges. They also have custom foam made just like MyCaseBuilder. Advantage here is that they can measure your items on site to make it perfect on top of experimenting with cases in person.

I’ll report back after my visit and see which cases are the winners and in what configuration.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom