Which one of you is Christopher M? (1 Viewer)

Def a different guy - Manzoni is just my pretend name, I grew up in Berkeley California! So nice to see I have my own thread here ha ha ha!
I’m watching all your videos. They’re good. $2.50 are called snappers because of the snapping sound they often make when dealers pull them to pay your 3:2 blackjack

I’m watching all your videos. They’re good. $2.50 are called snappers because of the snapping sound they often make when dealers pull them to pay your 3:2 blackjack
Thanks so much, interesting about the term 'snapper' I really had no idea and was just guessing!

Screenshot_20200602-193232.jpg

Those chips are warped, typical of the boat chips unfortunately.

??? Is this true?

That has been my experience, though they haven't been very warped. The wobbly stacks in the video are what I've found from the ones I've owned, or most. Some of the first batches I got from @Tommy and @liftapint were not wobbly at all (ESST), but most of what I had after that had the wobbly stacks as seen in the video.

I swear it's due, at least in part, to improper storage. Storing them in Paulson racks, which are a hair to tight, may have created that effect. That is speculation on my part though. It could be something else.

That has been my experience, though they haven't been very warped. The wobbly stacks in the video are what I've found from the ones I've owned, or most. Some of the first batches I got from @Tommy and @liftapint were not wobbly at all (ESST), but most of what I had after that had the wobbly stacks as seen in the video.

I swear it's due, at least in part, to improper storage. Storing them in Paulson racks, which are a hair to tight, may have created that effect. That is speculation on my part though. It could be something else.
Maybe the chips were stored in a hot and/or humid environment as well?

I don't think any of my ~10,000 Star chips are warped.... or if they are, it's not been enough for me to notice. And I think I would have noticed.

I swear it's due, at least in part, to improper storage.
Possibly, or maybe due being exposed to elevated temperatures during shipping.

I don't think any of my ~10,000 Star chips are warped.... or if they are, it's not been enough for me to notice. And I think I would have noticed.

Possibly, or maybe due being exposed to elevated temperatures during shipping.

I’ve had many that exhibited the same wobbly stack effect, certainly noticeable. It could be from shipping, though most of my orders came in during cooler spring/fall/winter months

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, I have plenty of warped chips, The AS hot stamps aren’t. Micro-wobbles from my clumsiness doesn’t mean the chips are warped lol.

I watched this video right after I joined here, early last month. Then I posted on some distribution threads and got ROASTED :dead: When I threw out some 8-8 stack suggestions. LOL!
Yeah it’s tough being the voice of reason!

Last edited:
I think 8 vs 12 depends on how well your players can handle making change and utilize the 1 chip rule. If they're good at it and no delays are caused, then 8 will work well. If they are anything like my players (whom I love and get along with great but are absolutely terrible with making change and if anyone throws in a single higher denom chip then forgetaboutit the next 10 minutes will be all about resolving the confusion!) then you should have at least 12 which is still probably too few! I kid you not, I now use 20/20 and we get in more hands per hour than we ever did with my last set that supported 8/13.

YMMV

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom