Which LED light strips? (1 Viewer)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
Hi All,

Where did everybody go? Very little activity here lately. Anyway, does anyone have suggestions on how to find a good LED light strip for my next table? This is a 58" round, so the standard 16.4' length will work for me. I guess I should look for addressable lights and good ratings on Amazon?

That depends on what you want to do. Addressable will cost more than regular. If your not looking for special effects get regular. It’s half the cost.

Well, the only thing I think I want to do is change the color at times. Thanks, I didn't realize that addressable was so much more. I was figuring I was futureproofing things so that that if someone comes up with a simple method to do cool things with addressable lights then I might be able to utilize it, but I guess that's unlikely.

Not that unlikely. I’ve been toying around with that idea and been thinking about upgrading, but I have no time frame at the moment.

Hmmm... it came. First thing is, the white color is very blue. Second, it looks like the only way to turn them on/off is by the remote. I would be SOL if the battery dies, or if I lose it. Is that common that the unit itself doesn't have an on off switch? When I plug it in, it's off until you press the power button on the remote.

I did the new Phillips Hue Flexible light on my table..can control them with an app on my phone..the energize white setting seems to be the best.

Attachments

• IMG_5418.jpg
    IMG_5418.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 310
I would like to chime in if you dont mind.

You have RGB strip, if you want True white, you need RGB+W, I buy mine on eBay typically.. as far as it being on or off, if you turn it on and then unplug it, it will be on when you plug it back in and on the last setting you set it to..

Hope this helps..

Table looks great. Where did you get them?

They usually have them at best buy - my local place was out of stock so the one I installed on the table came from eBay. They are quit a bit more expensive than the regular strip lights but work much better in my opinion

I would like to chime in if you dont mind.

You have RGB strip, if you want True white, you need RGB+W, I buy mine on eBay typically.. as far as it being on or off, if you turn it on and then unplug it, it will be on when you plug it back in and on the last setting you set it to..

Hope this helps..
Thanks, yes, this definitely helps. What a pain, when I do a search on Amazon or eBay to include the W, many that are not still come up. If anyone has any links for any suggested sets, please post. Thanks very much.

One other question. It seems like there is about 1 1/4 inches between lights. That seems far apart isn't it? I know the last set I used were less.

Its pretty standard, you can get one that are closer...
Here is the spacing you have with white: Ebay RGB+W
Here is one that has double the LEDs: Ebay RGB+W 600

there are many different ways to find these on eBay, amazon you will need to read all descriptions and details to find the 600 led per 5m. .

So, I decided NOT to return the strip I bought. I am going to see how it goes. One last question - All of these strips can be cut to the appropriate length, correct? In the instructions, there is an illustration that shows a scissors seeming to indicate where to cut, but no text about that. Thanks.

I'm starting to look into LED lighting for my table, as well. The ability to change color would be great. Do some LED strips have the ability to be put on a timer, so that they flash at designated times? Such as … when blind levels go up? That would be unbelievable. If my high school geometry calculations are correct, I have about 17.3 feet to cover.

They certainly have ones that can flash by pressing the remote, but I've never heard of any that could do it on a timer. I too would love to have that functionality, or the ability to have a section of lights be a different color to indicate the dealer. Bad luck on the measurement, most of the lights come in 16.4 foot lengths.

So, I decided NOT to return the strip I bought. I am going to see how it goes. One last question - All of these strips can be cut to the appropriate length, correct? In the instructions, there is an illustration that shows a scissors seeming to indicate where to cut, but no text about that. Thanks.
Post a picture of where you want to cut and I'll tell you if you can.

I did the new Phillips Hue Flexible light on my table..can control them with an app on my phone..the energize white setting seems to be the best.
Where can I buy the white strip that had the Dimond shapes? I seen some with all the cards logos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom