Which Lammers do you really use? (1 Viewer)

CellarDoor85

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey Folks!

Because there are so many Lammers/Buttons for Poker out there... I'm interested:
  • Which Lammers do you prepare at your own Poker Events (just in case you need one of them?
  • ...and which of them are really in use in an average Game Night?

Poker-Lammers.png

Because I play Cash Games with advanced Players and Beginners I use more Lammers then usal:
  • Big/Small Blind*
  • Missed Blind*
  • Kill Blind
  • All In*
  • Absent / 3rd Man
*often in use

20190922_111512~2.jpg

Playing vanilla hold'em - never ever used any of these.

Playing mixed games - always use a high/low marker to help reduce times when players table a low hand only to be reminded there is no low hand this rotation. It still happens, but less often. Also defuses arguments when there is a 3 inch high sign in the middle of the table.

Playing some sort of kill event - it is rather rare for me, but if the game has a kill feature to induce action then you need to use the proper tools. Maybe used these twice in my game.

I've used Kill buttons in the past, but not often. I use the missed blind button regularly though. The others are pretty useless IMO.

I regularly use the following buttons (typically oversize custom ceramics) in tournaments:
  • reserved
  • all-in
  • re-buy
  • bounty
  • Hi-Low (if split-pot games)
and have used Hi-Low and Kill buttons in cash games.

Dealer
Hi/Hi-Lo
Kill/No Kill
Over: At any point in a hand when players with overs buttons are the only ones left in the hand, the stakes increase to a previously determined level, usually double the original stakes (e.g., a 2/4 game becomes 4/8).
Missed Blind: For the smokers who tend to miss blinds.

We use rebuy buttons for every tourney to limit rebuys. Everyone is given two and has to hand them in (with cash) for a rebuy. Helps me manage the rebuys but also limits them to stop people buying the game.

We also use all-in buttons but more for fun than anything else.

The Hi-Lo buttons (lammers?) that @inca911 gave me was the of the most useful gifts I've ever received...thanks, Forrest!

I thought I was special, @inca911 :p. But yes, that is useful in mixed games especially.

That said I really only use missed blind and reserved, and the button if we have a center dealer.

@JustinInMN ... you are special, but @inca911 is uniformly nice and generous to everyone. I've seen him bring these hi-low buttons to every game/meetup I've been with him (quite a few) and I'm convinced that not only is he nice, he may be selfishly contributing to orderly mixed game play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom