Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Orange Joker's Wild

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Something Else, But Dark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something Else, But Light

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
Soo... the gold strikes are the older dark purple, almost metallic frac... nevada landing had the same chips..
View attachment 578295
But later switched to a nice more consistent lighter purple...
I tried to mock this up using fracs...

With your dark purples vs. The lighter purple
View attachment 578296
Splish splash time!!
View attachment 578297
Darker eeviiilll pallet...

Or the Easter bunny approved April line up!!
View attachment 578298
And my darker blues actually help the darker purple dang... I need a lighter blue frac to make this accurate. But I think you get the point!
First off, I wonder how you know so much about the Gold Strikes :sneaky:

Ok, ok, I can see what you're saying about a lighter purple (almost lavender). I agree it goes better. Very Easter Bunny, but really delicious, almost edible.

So, then, let's call this set the Hoppity Set (after my daughter's favorite stuffed animal rabbit). PCA yellow frac, $1 blue flamingo, $5 sherbet Flamingo. If I add in the lavender that would be pretty hot. White would be a backup. But the issue is what's available in the 50c denomination hot stamp?

Also, ok, so JW and Gold Strike become BFFs and go start a darker solid set. I'll need $1s and $5s for that. Open to any dark solid color suggestions...

Do you mean the red $1s or the blue $1 chips? Oh man I love the red $1/ yellow $5/ white $20 series they had... oh and the neon green frac is one of my favorite chips ever made!! Would love to see a rack of those!!
I've got the blue $1s with the orange spots. Yeah, those yellow $5s are something else!!!

First off, I wonder how you know so much about the Gold Strikes :sneaky:

Ok, ok, I can see what you're saying about a lighter purple (almost lavender). I agree it goes better. Very Easter Bunny, but really delicious, almost edible.

So, then, let's call this set the Hoppity Set (after my daughter's favorite stuffed animal rabbit). PCA yellow frac, $1 blue flamingo, $5 sherbet Flamingo. If I add in the lavender that would be pretty hot. White would be a backup. But the issue is what's available in the 50c denomination hot stamp?

Also, ok, so JW and Gold Strike become BFFs and go start a darker solid set. I'll need $1s and $5s for that. Open to any dark solid color suggestions...
Tons of options... availability... ehh... I think the 4 queens blue quarter pie light blue/dark blue would work... and then an almost maroon $5...

Also could go all hotstamp... find a blue $1 and @Rbonus012 has a darker red $5 rack available for trade I think... he posted in @juankay20 trade post

Thanks to everyone who chimed in. The poll is a dead tie between Orange and Yellow, so there's no help there :)

However, I think that perhaps what I do is break this out into 2 sets:
  • Pastel Easter-like with the yellow/blue/fuscia
  • Darker hot stamped set kick-started by the JW and the Gold Strikes
This means I'll need to find racks of something (lavendar maybe?) that work with the Easter set and some darker HSs for "The Dark" set. I can't wait to troll the For Sale ads and see what pops up!

After looking at the splash pot picks, people are still choosing orange (with that fiver)? Maybe PCF stands for People w/ Color-blindness Forum. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :bag:

After looking at the splash pot picks, people are still choosing orange (with that fiver)? Maybe PCF stands for People w/ Color-blindness Forum. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :bag:
The lighting has been real crap in NJ lately with the overcast weather. The Fuscia and Orange are both actually quite bright, but I can still see your point. If I was resigned to only having 1 solids set, I think Orange would win out in this set. But luckily everyone here convinced me to do 2 sets, so yay, I get to spend more (not being snarky, was kind of looking for validation to spend more :) )

Last edited:
Reactions: 72o

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom