• HD Firm

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

MoscowRadio

Flush
Reaction score
I wanted to see what was the most popular opinion: Volara or 1/4" High Density (Firm) Foam?

Right now I have Volara on my table under unsuited speed cloth and I've gotten a few complaints about how hard it can be to pick up the cards. I myself am not too crazy about it, but decided to give it a go. What's your take?

I believe I used the 1/4" medium density foam from yourautotrim and have been very happy. If I leave racks or anything heavy on for a while it leaves an impression but it goes away after a while.

I believe I used the 1/4" medium density foam from yourautotrim and have been very happy. If I leave racks or anything heavy on for a while it leaves an impression but it goes away after a while.

Two tables w/ yourautotrim and love it. True about the racks (or anything else) leaving impressions but it goes away. Great customer service as well.

And everyone knows that Redbelly's tables are sick! I'll probably only ever work with the guys from YAT for (most) of my upholstery needs. That's until the next table build requires a Chanman cloth!

I've built 5 tables so far..... All for me... All sold leaving me with no tables. I've only used volara. I've also ordered from YAT and also buildyourownpokertable.com. Both have great service.... Buildyourownpokertable has better shipping options to Canada hence my ordering more from them. And I also am looking forward to ordering a custom chan an cloths. I've been "stealing his ideas for some time now.

volara every time. Both foams hold up well and both have drawbacks. Volara is a closed cell foam so it will resist the damage from spilled drinks and the like. HD Foam will retain some of the spilled fluid no matter how hard you try to remove it. That said be very careful with volara that you don't leave anything very heavy on it for an extended amount of time or it may permanently leave a divot in the foam. But I have used it on all my tables and never had a problem.

I changed out my volara on my playing surface as picking up the cards off it was an issue. I left volara on my racetrack which is covered in suited speedcloth. I figure I've got the best of both using volara on the racetrack (great for stacking chips) and HD foam on the playing surface (for a little softer feel). It was a little more expensive, but well worth it for my main table.

Last edited:
I changed out my volara on my playing surface as picking up the cards off it was an issue. I left volara on my racetrack which is covered in suited speedcloth. I figure I've got the best of both using volara on the racetrack (great for stacking chips) and HD foam on the playing surface (for a little softer feel). It was a little more expensive, but well worth it for my main table.

Got pics of this table? Would love to see how the racetrack abuts the playing surface with the different materials.

HD Firm or Medium foam, ainec. No divots is a good thing.

Courage,
This is my table....race track with platinum SSC over volara, playing surface cloth from Rye Park with HD foam underneath.

table13.jpgtable12.jpgtable6.jpg

Attachments

• table12.jpg
    table12.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 452
  • table6.jpg
    table6.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
My 48 inch octagon uses Volara and I've always been happy with it. It definitely is pretty firm especially with SSC over it. I'd like to play on a table with medium density foam some day for comparison sake before I build my next table.

I find that firmer/softer tables are merely "different." No preference. As long as I can pick up the bottom card with the deck, can scoop the muck with a card, and don't hear a single chip bet tossed on the felt bottoming out, I'm happy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom