Which are your favorite? (3 Viewers)

KatDad

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Just putting it out there. Which of these do you prefer? Is it the Top Hat, National Series, Egyptians, Vineyards, Paulson Pharoahs, Classics, Samurai Palace, Mardi Gras or other?
If other, please share image for all to enjoy.

20210131_131201.jpg

Mardi gras for me but I have a set of Samurais enroute that I suspect will overtake them

WTHC overall for me, with NPS a very close 2nd, and everything else way behind.

but the NPS 25 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the WTHC 25 - i really dislike that particular chip for some reason. it is the main reason i got rid of my PCR set, but that mold is my favorite so it wins anyway.

Mardi gras for me but I have a set of Samurais enroute that I suspect will overtake them
Love the Samurais. Where did you find them? When I made my decision years ago after getting all of these samples, I went with the Egyptians and haven't regretted it but the Samurais were a very close second for me. I love that the flip side is different on those. Adds a unique flair.

Well seeing off all those chips the only set I ever had was 2600 Pharaoh's that I still kick myself for getting into the position of having to sell....(should have sold something else, but got a good price at the time). I also had 10 of the Egyptian rectangular plaques from the first edition ceramic set to serve as 5k plaques. It was a great set that played in a bunch of games and always looks pretty much new even if after a little soap wash. Great Chips.....the HSI-Primaries a nicer though.....

My second choice of those above would be the Samurai Palace, those were a fine piece of artwork that should be recreated. Who made them would they license a CPC run? Or, Gulp a China Clay version.........

I love the artwork on the Samurai, have a T5 tournament set that I bought during the original group buy years ago. They hold a special place in my heart since I was born in Japan while my dad was stationed there. So I have always had a love of Japanese culture and art. The only complaint I get when we play with them is that the denomination is hard to read because it is small.

Also, like the Top Hat, Paulson Pharoahs, and the National chips. I prefer the clay over composite.

But I do like the Egyptian chips and the artwork, have played some games with them as well.

I will be interested to hear other's feedback on the Samurai chips and the denominations.

I have all of these as samples, and a complete set of Egyptians with original Chipco octagons and plaques. But the Mardi Gras are the only ones of these I would have wished I had acquired a set of.

I would say the Nationals, but that "Paulson Chips" mold. :vomit:

So I'd have to say WTHC or the Mardi Gras. Not crazy about the Mardi Gras artwork, but that suits mold is the bomb!

WTHC up to $100; Nationals from $25 on up.

I can't stand the other denoms from either set ... which is why I sold both sets.

WHTC, classics! I love the bright colors and the beautiful progression of edge spots and inlay shapes. Each chip has so many unique aspects!

Mardi gras based on dramatic colors, edge spots, love that blue color in the $1 which would be a workhorse in a typical game (at my house anyway).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom