Which 4 Bourbon Samples Would You Choose? (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
@Saoliver PM'd me and said that he would like to send me 4 samples for my Birthday. Fucking awesome dude! I guess buying one of his sets got me some karma lol......Seriously dude, thank you very much.

I'm having a hard time choosing. I wan to try something that I've never had before, and that is tough to get in Michigan.

Infinity
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
Michter’s Bourbon
Angel’s Envy “Bourbon”
Early Times BiB (I don’t fuck with the cheap shit. Lol)
Baker’s 7yr
Four Roses Single Barrel
McKenna Single Barrel
Knob Creek 9yr
Knob Creek Single Barrel Select 120 proof
Knob Creek 12yr
ECBP B520
ECBP C920
EC Toasted Barrel
EC Small Batch
Larceny
Russell’s Reserve 10yr
Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Old Forester 100 proof
OF 1870
OF 1897
OF 1910
OF 1920
OF Statesman
Blade and Bow
Bulleit Barrel Strength
Peerless Small Batch
Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye
New Riff Single Barrel Barrel Proof Rye
New Riff Single Barrel Barrel Proof Bourbon
New Riff Bottled in Bond Bourbon
Blanton’s
Rowan’s Creek
Noah’s Mill
Buffalo Trace
Booker’s 2020-03
Little Book Chapter 4
Eagle Rare
Weller Special Reserve
Weller Antique 107
E.H. Taylor Small Batch BiB
E.H. Barrel Proof

Here are three that are in the running

EC Toasted Barrel
EH Barrel Proof

Weller Antique 107 is in the running for the 4th sample. I've had it before, but damn is it amazing. Little Book Chaper 4, Weller SPecial Reserve, and Peerless small batch are in the running.

None are locked in but ER Barrel proof. So share what you would go with. Barrel proof's are my preferred choice of pour but I'm open to anything.

B

throw in the Noah's mill. It is very interesting

I've had it before. I agree. It is a really good drink

Peerless
Little Book
Alberta
Weller 107

I've owned two bottles of the 107. It is easily a top three bourbon of mine. I would love to get a sample. I think I should get something I haven't had before. How is the Perrless and Little Book. They both intrigue me.

I've owned two bottles of the 107. It is easily a top three bourbon of mine. I would love to get a sample. I think I should get something I haven't had before. How is the Perrless and Little Book. They both intrigue me.
I just picked the ones that are generally thought of as good/great, that I haven't tried, that are hard for me to get.
If you've had 107 and Noah, take them off the list.
Peerless is pricey and I can find the rye but not the bourbon for some reason. Alberta seems to be the rage lately, got to get in on it like buying Gamestop at $30. Barrel Proof EHT is a grail. Little Book I have seen around, but never ponied up.

Knob Creek 12yr
EC Toasted Barrel
Larceny
Blade and Bow
Bulleit Barrel Strength
Peerless Small Batch
Rowan’s Creek
Booker’s 2020-03
Little Book Chapter 4
Weller Special Reserve
Weller Antique 107
E.H. Barrel Proof

I haven't had any of these minus the AW 107. Its just too good not to consider lol

Given the EC fan you are, the EC Toasted makes a ton of sense. Your other 2 are strong picks that you must try. The Little Book would be a great addition to the 4 because you will get 4 COMPLETEY different whiskeys!

ECTB
EHT BP
Alberta Cask Rye
Little Book

SLAM DUNK!

If I were you I’d skip any Elijah Craig, I feel like you are already an expert on that brand.

This is why I feel like I should get this one. I think the Toasted Barrel is about the only EC that I haven't had. Now saying that. I've heard mixed reviews on it. I don't think @ChaosRock loved it if I remember correctly.

Infinity
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
Michter’s Bourbon
Angel’s Envy “Bourbon”
Baker’s 7yr
Four Roses Single Barrel
McKenna Single Barrel
Knob Creek 9yr
3. Knob Creek Single Barrel Select 120 proof
Knob Creek 12yr
ECBP B520
ECBP C920
EC Toasted Barrel
EC Small Batch
Larceny
Russell’s Reserve 10yr
Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Old Forester 100 proof
OF 1870
OF 1897
OF 1910
OF 1920
OF Statesman
Blade and Bow
Bulleit Barrel Strength
Peerless Small Batch
2. Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye
Blanton’s
Rowan’s Creek
Noah’s Mill
Buffalo Trace
Booker’s 2020-03
4. Little Book Chapter 4
Eagle Rare
Weller Special Reserve
Weller Antique 107
1. E.H. Barrel Proof

My list would be different but think these are what you should request, and mostly what I would request, also own most of them too.

If you haven't tried any of these besides 107 then I would go:

Alberta
Knob 12yr
EH Barrel Proof
McKenna SB

And see if he feels generous with an extra pour of 107 to finish you off. Happy Birthday!

If you haven't tried any of these besides 107 then I would go:

Alberta
Knob 12yr
EH Barrel Proof
McKenna SB

And see if he feels generous with an extra pour of 107 to finish you off. Happy Birthday!
He’s limited to 4 because I only have 4 bottles right now. Though, I can fit 5 in the package. Maybe I need to get more bottles. :tup:

This is why I feel like I should get this one. I think the Toasted Barrel is about the only EC that I haven't had. Now saying that. I've heard mixed reviews on it. I don't think @ChaosRock loved it if I remember correctly.

You should definitely try and get a bottle, Bill. I liked it better than the Small Batch but less than the Barrel Proof. Some night I really like it, some nights, nit as much. I think it depends on the mood I guess.

I think these three are locked in.

EC Toasted Barrel
EH Barrel Proof

Then I have to narrow the 4th one from Knob Creek 12 (I've had all the read of the Knob Creek's), Peerless, 1792 Barrel Proof, Little Book Chapter 4, or AW 107.

Out of the narrow list for the 4th sample I'm really leaning towards Peerless or Little Book. I have "NEVER" seen them available around here. However, I'm absolutely in love with barrel proofs, so my heart says to roll with 1792.

I'm going to shovel, then head to breakfast at my son's. I'll holler at you early afternoon!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom