Where to go for custom ceramic chips? (1 Viewer)

Yankz1313

Waiting List
Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up my first custom poker chip set and calling it the vault (nickname in college was the bank). I've always heard Ceramic Chips were nice, what's the difference between Clays and ceramics. Where could I get a nice set made. Thinking 5-6 denominations, 0.25, 1, 5, 10, 25 and possibly 100 with my own custom image for each denomination. What don you guys think?

Hey all! I'm thinking of having my first set of custom chips made and Ineanted return to you for advice. I'm thinking of 5-6 denominations 0.25, 1, 5, 10, 25, and possibly 100. I'm thinking of creating custom images for each denomination and still deciding between ceramic and clay. Where could I get good custom ceramic chips made. Any recommendations or advice will be appreciated!

First off, welcome to the forum!

@ABC Gifts and Awards is a site vendor here, and offers great custom and semi-custom ceramic chips, and fantastic service.

Someone else may give more eloquent answers, but I'll take a crack at it:

Clay chips are made by compressing colored "clay" material in a mold, with a printed inlay impressed into the chip, or a hotstamp. Edgespots, colors, and design options are limited, but they have a great feel and sound, and wear in nicely. Cost is typically from $1.25/chip up to $4+. Only www.classicpokerchips.com (also a respected site vendor, @David Spragg) offers custom clay chips to the consumer market.

Ceramic chips start with a ceramic blank, and images are printed onto the blank. Design options are pretty much unlimited. Cost is typically less than $1/chip for ceramics. Quality ceramics look, feel, and stack great, and are practically indestructible.

First rule of PCF: Get samples!

I'm thinking of picking up my first custom poker chip set and calling it the vault (nickname in college was the bank). I've always heard Ceramic Chips were nice, what's the difference between Clays and ceramics. Where could I get a nice set made. Thinking 5-6 denominations, 0.25, 1, 5, 10, 25 and possibly 100 with my own custom image for each denomination. What don you guys think?
I actually have some artwork design for "The Vault"...let me take a look and see if I can find it. I'll PM you.

How much would a set of, say, 600 or so custom ceramic chips cost? Around $500?

ABC has volume discounts for various ceramics on their site. I think I paid 85¢ per chip for my initial order (1000) with them back in 2018.

Of all my sets, the ABC set hits the table the most and they’ve held up perfectly .

How many chips should I get? For a 25 person tournament?

Not as simple a question as you might think. Enough for 3 tables (of 9 or 10). Depends a bit on tournament structure/starting blinds, rules for rebuys (and average rebuys. My best estimate is about 800 chips on the very low end, probably better off close to 1000. Won't need much more, though.

I'm thinking of picking up my first custom poker chip set

Thinking 5-6 denominations, 0.25, 1, 5, 10, 25 and possibly 100 with my own custom image for each denomination.
How many chips should I get? For a 25 person tournament?
Your two posts above are pretty much targeting two different things.

For a cash set, usually 4 denominations are plenty: 25c, $1, $5, and $20 (or $25) are common choices, with denominations either 4x or 5x apart to maximize efficiency in constructing bets and counting chips/stacks while minimizing excessive change-making. 600 chips can cover most single table cash games; typically breakdowns of 100/200/200/100 or something similar.

A different breakdown is needed for tournaments. Typically 4 or 5 denominations are required, but only 400 chips can spread a single table (10 players). Most tourney sets are either T5-, T25-, T100-, or T500-base (meaning the smallest denomination in the set). Typical single table tourney set breakdowns are 100/100/100/100 (T5-, T100-, or T500-base) or 120/120/50/100/10 (T25-base).

I've always heard Ceramic Chips were nice, what's the difference between Clays and ceramics.
The differences are huge, as can be the price differences. High-end clays, used clay sets, ceramics, ceramic hybrids, china clays, and plastics all have different traits and price tags. Get samples to determine what characteristics you prefer and are important to you, and fit within your budget.

New to the forum as well, and looking for some insight on ceramics or CCs. I was looking at the new Dias De Los Muertos at BRPoker, but I was also looking at Dunes/Pharaoh's CC from Apache. Would be a cash game set. Any advice to which set/s to get?

New to the forum as well, and looking for some insight on ceramics or CCs. I was looking at the new Dias De Los Muertos at BRPoker, but I was also looking at Dunes/Pharaoh's CC from Apache. Would be a cash game set. Any advice to which set/s to get?
Get samples of each. They will look, feel and sound different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom