Where to get a good table for a good price? (1 Viewer)

Khronic

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Those of you that have your a poker table, or know someone who has bought one, where do you get your poker table? I've been monitoring craigslist but haven't really found anything good yet. I'm nervous to go to a retail outlet to get one because I feel like it would be overpriced for not so good quality. Also have any of you ever built a poker table before? If so how difficult is it as a DIY project?

I would recommend eBay. You can often get a bargain on there. Sometimes you can get something very cheaply from someone in your local area. This also cuts out the delivery cost. You can often get second hand items, which are still in good condition. I have never tried Craigslist although I suspect it is a less popular place for people to sell things. I have never tried to build one myself so I cannot really comment on that. I would imagine it depends on how much experience you have of DIY in general: if you already build a lot of your own furniture then it would probably be fairly easy.

Do you have any construction skills? Thinking you could build a table. I've built 4 or 5 (oval type). Scott Keen's site is a killer resource.

If you want to build your own I have some easy to follow plans on how to build a pretty descent looking 50" round 6 person table. I sell plans on my site for the tables that I build but I wouldn't consider trying to charge a fellow PCF member for something like that. Here's a link to my Home page and if you scroll down a ways you'll see a black 50" Elite table. If you like it and want the plans, let me know. I can email them to you.
http://www.diamondpokertables.com/

I would recommend eBay. You can often get a bargain on there. Sometimes you can get something very cheaply from someone in your local area. This also cuts out the delivery cost. You can often get second hand items, which are still in good condition. I have never tried Craigslist although I suspect it is a less popular place for people to sell things. I have never tried to build one myself so I cannot really comment on that. I would imagine it depends on how much experience you have of DIY in general: if you already build a lot of your own furniture then it would probably be fairly easy.
I have no building skills and I really need a poker table so I can start hosting our weekly poker night at my house. Where I live they don't sell poker tables, if you want one you have to build it so I think I'm going to buy one from eBay or Craigslist. Thanks for the share!!

I would actually advise against eBay.. You can find better/cheaper elsewhere. Buy & Sell, craigslist, kijiji are good places to find used tables and you can sometimes find a gem for cheap.

If you want a custom table built, here's a list of builders who make poker tables: http://pokertableforum.com/index.php?topic=87.msg360#msg360
Hopefully you can find one in your area.

If you want to build your own I have some easy to follow plans on how to build a pretty descent looking 50" round 6 person table. I sell plans on my site for the tables that I build but I wouldn't consider trying to charge a fellow PCF member for something like that. Here's a link to my Home page and if you scroll down a ways you'll see a black 50" Elite table. If you like it and want the plans, let me know. I can email them to you.
http://www.diamondpokertables.com/

Your table is exactly what I want to build! That's such a good idea about being able to change the color theme.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom