Where do you find “good” exterior Christmas lights? (1 Viewer)

Eloe2000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Such a basic question, and I already hung my Christmas lights on Thanksgiving day already but quite frankly I am terribly underwhelmed. I was so excited to move over to LEDs a couple years ago and figured they would be so much better than the old incandescents. But I have had so many problems and basically had to replace the lights each year for very reasons.

I am so disappointed in my current LED lights from Target which have had worse problems with the “one light goes out and half the strand goes out” problem as well as this issue that some strands inexplicably are only outputting at like 50% power. I would like to replace these lights before Christams this year so I don’t have to be disappointed every time I come home at night.

I have bought external Christmas lights from a Home Depot, Target, Amazon, and other places. People say “you buy crap lights and you get crap results. But, where the heck can you find “good” quality lights? I am specifically looking for icicle type exterior lights now to replace my current ones from Target ASAP.

Merry Christmas From Casa Mango!

I assume that the lack of responses is due to them all being crap. I dropped $50 pre box on clearance of some c12 LED with a remote for color change and pattern (normally were $79.99) brought them out this year and half are shot. Was able to cannibalize 3 strings into 1 but even that one has lights out and forget about patterns as half are constant on. Spent $150 on some this year that were bluetooth, but only supported on apple products (box said android but arrived with sticker over it saying not for android). They are 12 lights per string, and one of the power sources of three was bad, so once again, awesome purchase.
Good luck in your search,
T

I hate that I had to switch to LED. Incandescent looks so much better... but I’ve only tried most of these cheap LEDs same as you

I’ll be honest, I just haven’t had the same problems. I buy cases of LED lights the morning after Christmas each year from HD/Target/Lowe’s. I’ve been doing so for 8-10 years to build up to what I have right now and I can count on one hand the number of items/strands that are not still out there right now (two 7’ spiral trees, one 4x4 net , one strand).

I've not found "quality" LED lights myself, but I do have a crap load of Philips brand lights that I'm going into my 4th season with. Everything I've added since has been from Home Depot.

LED are a scam. I've spent more $$ replacing them than what I saved from incandescent. I threw out about 10 strings this year. I bought a laser for $40 and it is in it's 3rd season. No more lights. If they go, I'm just running the laser.

So it sounds like some people have good luck and some people have had bad luck. My current lighting is Phillips LEDs which is the brand pushed by Target. Terrible experience for me.

Sounds like there are no “great” options. I think I am just going to try a batch of heavily and positively reviews lights from Amazon and see how we do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom