Where can I buy poker supplies in the uk. (3 Viewers)

goldmac

High Hand
Reaction score
I am new to poker chips, and would like some advise as to where I can buy some clay poker chips in the uk. The only places I have found ship from America and the shipping is very expensive, about £18 (Just for 100 chips) I would also like a dealer tray for home cash games, the dealer trays an amazon are £30. I would really love it if someone could help me start out in the poker world.

~Mac

But is that a good price, because the £0.62 per chip includes shipping from the US.

Does that include VAT? That's 20% on top for import duties otherwise.

How many chips do you need? How many players does the set need to cater for? Which games do you play? What's your budget?

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

There are often some great sets up for sale in Europe from forum members. Well worth keeping an eye on the classifieds...

I found this article on breakdowns pretty helpful.

Forgot eBay - forum members often flag up auctions for clays. There was a 300 chip set from ASM going for $25 bin recently. Some great bargains come up now and then. :)

I know how many I need, for a small scale cash game, where $1 is worth £0.01, $5 is worth £0.05 and so on.
(60x $5, 20x $1 and 20x $25) But what I am really scratching my head at is if I this is a good price. Luckily, I don't have to pay customs, but is £62.70 good for 100 china clay chips?

Now I wish I lived in the US :p

I will dial up my brother, Noelsarchs. He is moving from Boston to London in a couple months. Maybe he has some space in his suitcase for a case of chips?

I am new to poker chips, and would like some advise as to where I can buy some clay poker chips in the uk. The only places I have found ship from America and the shipping is very expensive, about £18 (Just for 100 chips) I would also like a dealer tray for home cash games, the dealer trays an amazon are £30. I would really love it if someone could help me start out in the poker world.

~Mac

If you need something from the USA, let me know. I'm moving to London in May, shipping my things over on a boat. So if you don't need things for a few months, hit me up via email.

Even if you don't take him up on it, I love that you got an offer from someone willing to bring you chips. Great community spirit there.

Not sure if this helps but when i was in london, diced chips are still really affordable at gift shops around oxford street

You'll love 'em. Just go straight to ordering your set. With VAT, fees, shipping etc, it's much cheaper to buy them all in one go than to discover you didn't get enough first time round.

I said that about the UK when trying to get plaques...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom