When your wife decides to troll you... (1 Viewer)

@Trihonda or anyone else in the "doghouse" for buying an unauthorized Hot Dog Roller Machine. You can make it up to your wives and buy this for her for Christmas. I saw this on Etsy and saw this Women's jacket. We're in the process of selling out house so Hosting poker games again and a Hot Dog Roller machine will come in the future.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/487358627/vintage-satin-jockey-baseball-jacket?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=poker dealer&ref=sr_gallery_2

View attachment 133949

Or this.
Costume - playing cards and poker chips dress!

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/clo/d/costume-playing-cards-and/6362600677.html

Custom made poker dress made from decks of cards and poker chips.

Table 2 at your place needs to become the custom Top Dawg chips and table - would go great with the Fat Tire

052FAA29-C477-4794-AB05-7C22144D6CFD.png

Table 2 at your place needs to become the custom Top Dawg chips and table - would go great with the Fat Tire

Then I’d need new custom Weiner chips.. um, I still can’t afford my custom cash chip set yet...

You guys need to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding. First , its entertaining and reminds me of the 70s. We had quite a few Greek families near us. Great families.

But the best learning scene is when the women want Gus to allow his daughter to use computers. They !mention the problem and steer him to come up with their idea, so he feels empowered. I just mentioned thuds thread and @Trihonda s experience . she nearly cut me off, "a hotdog machine might be kinda cool for poker.". And there you have it!

Well folks, it looks like I am going to be the proud owner of a hot dog machine!

As my wife and I started going over Christmas lists for the family I brought it up. She looked on Amazon and said “you know, it’s about the same price as the InstaPot I’ve had my eye on. Why don’t I buy that and you get the hot dog maker and we can act surprised for the kids?”

As she got to thinking even more she realized the versatility. We probably have at least 12 more years of hosting kids birthday parties including one in July which just screams hot dogs and popcorn.

I learned years ago the best way to convince someone to do something is to let them think it’s their idea and sell themselves. Worked well here too.

We ended the discussion agreeing to buy our respective gifts but wait until after Thanksgiving to see if Amazon does any pricing specials.

I love my wife even if she doesn’t pull chips from her brassiere!

Ok guys, for those with hotdog roller grills, I cooked up a few Costco dog, not the big 1/4 lb kind, but the smaller reg beef ones. I didn’t have it too hot, but I was still left with a baked on burnt residue... WTF, did I not have it oiled enough? I did a very light coat of veg oil on the rollers, and there was plenty of dog oil present... it took a lot to scrub off the burnt on brown crap from the rollers, given that you’re only allowed to use wooden scrapers...

Ok guys, for those with hotdog roller grills, I cooked up a few Costco dog, not the big 1/4 lb kind, but the smaller reg beef ones. I didn’t have it too hot, but I was still left with a baked on burnt residue... WTF, did I not have it oiled enough? I did a very light coat of veg oil on the rollers, and there was plenty of dog oil present... it took a lot to scrub off the burnt on brown crap from the rollers, given that you’re only allowed to use wooden scrapers...
What temp? I cook at 3 and then dial down to 1.5/2 to keep warm. There is residue left after using for 7 hours of poker but wipes right off with a warm bar rag. Some times I have to hit stubborn spots with a scrub daddy but otherwise very easy to clean.

Dog Roller in action.jpg

Hot dog roller at work for the poker game and preparing for the OU/Georgia game. Unfortunately neither turned out the way I had planned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom