When playing heads-up, whats more fun, tourney or cash game? (1 Viewer)

When playing heads-up, whats more fun, tourney or cash game?

• Cash

• Tourney

Results are only viewable after voting.

mummel

Full House
Reaction score
I'm curious which one you folks find more entertaining for drunken 4am heads-up. Thanks.

Tourney. Cashgame Headsup is so tilty

I disagree. All poker is more fun "for me" if its in the cash format.

Here is how @Lil Tuna and I did heads up cash last month.

I cut out $300.00's in chips for each of us. I did this with three different chip sets. I figured this was a way to get more chips in play. I used the Poseidon's, Sunsets, and Mardi Gras chips.

We played best two out of three. Dealers choice. We started at 1/2. If things weren't progressing after 30 minutes we would up the blinds to 2/4. It was a cheap way to play poker and decimate a bankroll. Kind of a tourney/cash blend.

Now, when I was in Virginia visiting him and @Seeking Alpha Social Club we played dealers choice cash and bought in for 100 lol. Maybe a tad crazy, but a ton of fun.

I often I end up playing 3 handed at all of my poker games and sometimes heads up. I prefer cash for sure, has to be 4 cards or more though. Deep stack heads up can be a lot of fun and really helps other aspects of your game.

When I’m in a situation when I play heads up, it’s always with friends. I like tournament with cash style in a way that the blinds stays the same, no adding on and we start over with same chip stack. We start with 100x BB. Kind of opposite of the rounders heads up with KGB; cash game - tournament style.
My girlfriend and I play 5/10 blinds with 1000 chip stacks. It definitely seems more fun than 1/2 with 200 stacks. I like using the red, green and black chips. She is just starting to lean the bluff move, turning into quite the little monster o_O

I often I end up playing 3 handed at all of my poker games and sometimes heads up. I prefer cash for sure, has to be 4 cards or more though. Deep stack heads up can be a lot of fun and really helps other aspects of your game.
I consider myself more of a cash game player as well. If I’m heads up in a cash game for real $, I don’t want to be drunk. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: If I’m heads up in a tournament and have already cashed, doesn’t matter to me as much. Unless of course I’m playing for a seat in any Main Event.
I don’t normally play cash heads up unless it’s with @detroitdad. I know going into this situation that he is going to offer me some good bourbon and literally roll over top of me with his aggression. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I’m 0-2 now in this scenario!
But we have played heads up with some really awesome sets. Totally worth it!

Heads-up, there's little difference between cash and tourney.

In fact, if you play cash heads-up, buy in the equally, and play until one of you busts, it is exactly like tournament...
In a “freezeout” situation it would be more tournament like. Just don’t want to be drunk heads up in an unlimited reload situation.

I like both, but picked tourney because every time I've played heads up tourney, It was because I was in the money :)
This I agree with. I prefer cash games. Also if we’re heads up that means I’m probably going to win and will have more money to play with in the cash games we are playing next.

When I’m in a situation when I play heads up, it’s always with friends. I like tournament with cash style in a way that the blinds stays the same, no adding on and we start over with same chip stack. We start with 100x BB. Kind of opposite of the rounders heads up with KGB; cash game - tournament style.
My girlfriend and I play 5/10 blinds with 1000 chip stacks. It definitely seems more fun than 1/2 with 200 stacks. I like using the red, green and black chips. She is just starting to lean the bluff move, turning into quite the little monster o_O

We do this sometimes. 100xBB deep, no blinds increase. I like it. But most of the time we do increase blinds.

Cash game for me. I really like @detroitdad ’s format of best two out of three. Cuts down on variance a little.

We primarily did it to save any serious risk to our bankrolls. We were about to start a two day Dealers choice event. Playing low stakes, best two out of three was a great way to warm up to the upcoming weekend.

Mrs Zombie and I frequently play Heads up, both cash and tournament formats. The only difference is in the tournament you know exactly how much someone is going to win and lose. With cash the win/loss is unknown.

With cash the win/loss is unknown.

Which is what I love about it (of course I'm on a pretty good run for the last few months). Ask me after Fridays game and I might have a different answer lol.

I try to get Colleen to play heads up. She usually declines ;) :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom