When Chips Don't Arrive (1 Viewer)

Matt G

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
One of the things I love about this community is very little worry about chips not showing up. Now for the first time I had some chips from a trade back in October that have not arrived. I did receive confirmation chips I sent were received. Now I like to give people benefit of doubt as I know life happens and I'm not on site everyday. I sent a follow up a week or two ago with no response. I also sent another a few days ago and copied member that was mentioned earlier as the USA shipper since they are in Europe. I don't think I'm getting ripped off or anything but at same time don't want my chips to never arrive either. What would be proper next step?

Hope Everyone had a nice Christmas!

In all seriousness I don't think I'm getting ripped off. I also don't want to just toss a long time member under the bus but not sure what to do if not responding but has plenty of activity on site.

F7EC3677-1DC1-4319-AF69-FEBDC1469915.jpeg

Has the shipper been logging in to PCF?

We only talking 30 chips I sent for 15 in return but 30 chips I probably never be able to replace.

Like you said, things can happen but If he is able to log on, there’s no reason why he can’t send a quick reassuring PM.

I just emailed the shipper and copied member I had trade with. I think I have been patient and have given plenty of time to respond. If I don't hear back I will start a thread and let other member chime in and defend and/or warn others so they don't get the short end.

I just emailed the shipper and copied member I had trade with. I think I have been patient and have given plenty of time to respond. If I don't hear back I will start a thread and let other member chime in and defend and/or warn others so they don't get the short end.
Always a bummer when that happens. Fingers crossed they get back to you. Has the shipper been logging on as well?

Hopefully you can sort this out in PMs. However if they both don't respond to your messages within a few days, while at the same time being active on the forum it definitely feels like it's fair to start a thread about it... I would probably send several messages to them and give them the benefit of the doubt though, and especially now since people might be preoccupied with family during Christmas. I've been on pcf a lot less in the last couple of days at least. If your trade partner is a senior member, you could also reach out to some other senior members privately and ask for some advice and if they have experience dealing with the individual.

If your trade partner is a senior member, you could also reach out to some other senior members privately and ask for some advice and if they have experience dealing with the individual.
I personally would start with ^^ before I went with a post to the masses. I just like the idea of exhausting all avenues I can think of in order of extremity.

You said Europe. If its switzerland you may share his name in pm. We are a smaller community and maybe have some phone numbers etc to try to reach out. Maybe chipper has turned off notifications for messages here
Good luck anyway that things sort out

Unfortunately this has become the MO of more than a few forum members lately. Radio silence is the absolute worst way to go when dealing with other and will kill your reputation (at least IMO) faster than anything else.

I over communicate when buying/selling chips. IMO its the only way too do it. BTW, @CraigT78 I'm not making it to the post office today. Sorry :)

Unfortunately this has become the MO of more than a few forum members lately. Radio silence is the absolute worst way to go when dealing with other and will kill your reputation (at least IMO) faster than anything else.
I'm not disputing this but I really hope that this isn't the case. I agree with your sentiment, but this is probably just about the worst time to be sending something in the mail. I sent out two parcels last week and I'm really nervous about them. Holiday shopping volumes, plus a further increase due to increased online shopping due to COVID, and logistics and mail services being shorthanded due to COVID are all playing a part in the parcel business being an absolute shit show right now. Maybe the sellers and re-shippers are waiting for things to cool down until sending things out? Either way, I agree with OP that this should be communicated by the involved parties if this is the plan.

Anyway, per the point of the thread, I'm just now getting back to everyone on PM's from the past week plus. The holiday season is a very busy time for just about everyone. Some folks may be very overwhelmed with all of their PM's and just haven't sat down for a few minutes to respond to them all, even if they're being shown to be online. I understand OP's frustration and they're just in my opinion to be unhappy about poor communication, but I'm trying to offer another perspective is all.

I forgot to add that I have two inbound parcels from Europe. One was shipped on October 30 and hasn't moved from Germany since November 3. Another was shipped December 8 from Belgium with expedited shipping and hasn't moved or had any activity on tracking since December 10. For as bad as things are in the US right now, Europe seems even worse.

With the exception of a deal I'm trying to wrap up with someone in the same state, I'm not selling or buying anymore for at least until a few weeks into 2021 because of all of these issues. I'm perfectly content to wait until the USPS and other logistics companies catch up to do further business. Again, this does not forgive the lack of communication, but with the way things are, I'm not too keen on doing business either way for the foreseeable future.

I''m not talking about whether packages are taking a long time to arrive.

Communication has nothing to do with parcel delivery or lack thereof. If you are able to pull up the forum and look at posts then you are able to send a simple PM reply(s) that says you are aware of whatever the situation is and be present. When you log in to the forum and ignore PM's that are from people you have deals/transactions with, whatever is going on, then you are just making things worse by remaining silent.

Communication has nothing to do with parcel delivery or lack thereof. If you are able to pull up the forum and look at posts then you are able to send a simple PM reply(s) that says you are aware of whatever the situation is and be present. When you log in to the forum and ignore PM's that are from people you have deals/transactions with, whatever is going on, then you are just making things worse by remaining silent.
This! When you see someone log on but still won’t reply it really feels like they don’t give a shit.

I think I may have misunderstood what is going on here.

As far as I can ascertain, OP agreed to trade a small quantity of chips with a European member here. EU member got their chips back in October. However, OP has not received his chips from the EU member, but has an intermediary re-shipper that agreed to receive the chips from EU and ship to OP. OP has heard from neither the original EU seller nor the re-shipper and is wondering about where to go from here. Do I have this right?

Yeah, if OP hasn't heard of any notification of shipping from the EU, no tracking number, nothing, then yeah, not cool. I was under the assumption initially that OP got tracking, the trail went cold and reached out to EU member for assistance and hasn't heard back.

I finally heard back from member I had sent chips to. It’s been a little frustrating but at least communicating again. I appreciate all the feedback and hopefully don’t need next step but think I have a good idea.

Hope it works out Matt, if not, let us know, so we don't get duped

I finally heard back from member I had sent chips to. It’s been a little frustrating but at least communicating again. I appreciate all the feedback and hopefully don’t need next step but think I have a good idea.
What was the explanation for the multi-week ghosting? I always love hearing a good excuse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom