What's your favorite phrase to hear at the poker table? (1 Viewer)

@Lil Tuna what did that big guy in the nasty suit always say in AC? I can get it close but don't want to mess it up!

My crazy aunt at the poker table "it's all over but the crying!"
That dude was the loudest person in the card room always running his mouth about being the “Professional”.
“First your chips!” “then your wife!” “then your children!”“then your underpants!” “PROFESSIONAL!!”
That guy used to drive my buddy Purple crazy. On a rare occasion I got the opportunity to get a picture of the two of them next to each other at the table once.
Only reason this happened is because the “Professional” sat down next to my buddy while he was in a hand before he could get up and leave.
It was a classic moment! You can literally read Purples mind calling me a motherfucker looking at this classic picture.
7DBD9F62-B6C0-4599-9B39-1891FCFBBA1F.jpeg

I Iust get such a chuckle every time someone says one of these phrases.

"I called pre because I knew you had a big hand."

"I knew you had that hand."

"I shouldn't have folded."

"What would you have done with this hand?"
"Folded."
"Really?!?"

That dude was the loudest person in the card room always running his mouth about being the “Professional”.
“First your chips!” “then your wife!” “then your children!”“then your underpants!” “PROFESSIONAL!!”
That guy used to drive my buddy Purple crazy. On a rare occasion I got the opportunity to get a picture of the two of them next to each other at the table once.
Only reason this happened is because the “Professional” sat down next to my buddy while he was in a hand before he could get up and leave.
It was a classic moment! You can literally read Purples mind calling me a motherfucker looking at this classic picture. View attachment 706244
Dude. Is that the dude that would yell “Professional” on WSOP broadcasts from like ‘04-‘05ish? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

1.Motherf.... r!!
2.After somebody folded playing against me I used to say "If you call, you would loose but you would save your face". Propobly sounds better in Polish.
3.When making drawing hand against my friend he used to make this gesture like puffing cigarette to stres how easy it was for me

Just heard last week -
“A better player would fold here, but unfortunately for you, I’m not that good.”

This was one of those tournament situations, where I needed a double up, and where I knew I was ahead. So, call and double me up, or call and catch and put me out of my misery - both sound great to me.

Also this was from a guy who had recently checkraised me into a fold, and this current situation was me checkraising him. Man I love live poker!

Dude. Is that the dude that would yell “Professional” on WSOP broadcasts from like ‘04-‘05ish? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
It possibly could be. I only used to see him every time I was in Atlantic City. Not sure if he frequented the WSOP events pre 2007 but it was in this time frame that I used to always see the guy in AC.
I saw the guy as recent as January 2020 when I was there for the Winter Open at Borgata.

"I was getting there." - usually said after either big postflop or turn bet causes everyone in hand to fold, then player making the bet flips over cards to show absolutely nothing.

I can respect that.

In the words of the great and all knowing @krafticus ... "POKER SUCKS!!"

Usually followed by me ducking as something is likely going to be launched across the basement!

That is a joke, he always says poker sucks but the projectiles are a rare occasion. The wisdom of this man, he couldn't be more right unfortunately

In the words of the great and all knowing @krafticus ... "POKER SUCKS!!"

Usually followed by me ducking as something is likely going to be launched across the basement!

That is a joke, he always says poker sucks but the projectiles are a rare occasion. The wisdom of this man, he couldn't be more right unfortunately
I've only launched 2 or 3 items .. ... since you've been playing there.

It possibly could be. I only used to see him every time I was in Atlantic City. Not sure if he frequented the WSOP events pre 2007 but it was in this time frame that I used to always see the guy in AC.
I saw the guy as recent as January 2020 when I was there for the Winter Open at Borgata.
Trying to find it. But PokerGO seems to have taken all footage off youtube.
Looks like the guy, same suit, he’d wear a White baseball cap and black shades and would tell “PROFESSIONAL” Bobby something I think :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Trying to find it. But PokerGO seems to have taken all footage off youtube.
Looks like the guy, same suit, he’d wear a White baseball cap and black shades and would tell “PROFESSIONAL” Bobby something I think :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Most likely him! I only saw the guy wear 2 different suits in all the years I played in AC. All you had to do was listen when you walked into the card room, you’d know within a couple minutes if he was in the room or not. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

"You can't check raise."

[I heard it, pushed all-in at tourney with shit to get over to cash game. Doubled up 2nd hand].

We were deep stack...... Justifying calling on turn and hitting the magical out on the river

“I fu$$ing new you had it”.
Then why did you just give me your stack?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom