What's with all the batch auctions lately? (1 Viewer)

IMHO, again, Ill usually list an auction when I have no Idea what something may be worth. If someone wants it they'll bid. I've had auctions bring no bids at all and that's fine too. I'm all for dibs if stated in the sale. And one thing for sure is the "No profit on chips Club" is officially defunct based on the prices of chips! INCLUDING those that have ranted about profit on chips who have profited on chips!!!!! If you bought them 30 years ago for a dollar according to the theory of some, you should sell them tomorrow for $1 right?? Yea right! (Just fanning the flame you started @jpietrella! ) ;)

Don't forget about other annoying things about auctions such as, the 'participation bid, haha' guy or the 'go from $5 to $100 but never bid again' guy.

What's wrong with this? I'd think it's a perfectly reasonable approach to put in your top bid, and if it doesn't stick, it doesn't stick.
I suppose nothing if you keep at it when it then only goes up in smaller increments. By that I mean, when it goes up another $10, the big bump guy never shows again. If it immediately got bumped another hundred ... that may be a reason to bail. Just seems like it is escalating it unnecessarily to then opt out very quickly.

I suppose nothing if you keep at it when it then only goes up in smaller increments. By that I mean, when it goes up another $10, the big bump guy never shows again. If it immediately got bumped another hundred ... that may be a reason to bail. Just seems like it is escalating it unnecessarily to then opt out very quickly.
In comparison to spending two days going from $2-100 $2 at a time that produces the same results
I don’t get it

It wasn't that long ago that we did things like circulate "grab boxes" of chips like these and other poker goods, from which members could take what they needed, add other items, and pass the box on. Sadly, that kind of spirit is totally missing from today's PCF.

Pangea box....that was awsome
I think that box went around the world more times then the President.

It visited me 2 or 3 times...every time there was something nice inside

Pangea box....that was awsome
I think that box went around the world more times then the President.

It visited me 2 or 3 times...every time there was something nice inside
I’d like to think that it could happen again. But with everyone seeing $$$, I doubt it would work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom