What's Up With Your Avatar? :) (1 Viewer)

I suspect you would enjoy meeting Mrs. Poker Zombie someday. She playtested RoboRally with Richard Garfield in it's pre-production days. But you are not truly a Twonky fan until you own this movie...

I would love to hear some of the stories from the playtesting of RoboRally. My actual favorite bots are Twitch and Squash. Mrs. Twonky always plays with Twonky. :D Don't recognize the movie but I think I need to see it!

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

OMG I remember playing Robo Ralley while pounding beers with my friends back in the 90s!

I image that would make RoboRally really a challenge! From about '95 - 2000 my wife and I played almost every weekend and sometimes multiple times. Wore out some decks of cards doing that. :D

i'm an electrician, and have installed countless receptacles over the 12.5 years in the trade. when i saw the picture online i figured i best save it on the computer as it would make a great avatar

Here you go Geno! Nice to see a fellow "sparky" again.

kiss-unplugged.jpg

Every time I went to Ohio to visit Family, I would stay and play at the Grand Vic...

Mine is a chip I bought for use as a card protector when I first became interested in nice chips, and remains one of the few single chip purchases I have ever made. The inlay is what drew me to it - I really like the classic look of the large denomination, the scalloped shape, and the overall simplicity of the design. I am a big fan of TRK chips, too.

It has been my avatar for most of the time I have been posting on chip sites. The chip is one of a few that I keep in Air Tite cases on my desk.

After the recent Bath and Body Works thread, I am tempted to change my avatar to a Peach Bellini candle. At least for a while, anyway.

For those who don't recognize it, mine is a screenshot from the TV show "CHiPs" from the late 70's-early 80's. When I originally joined CT I sported the Chips Ahoy logo, but decided the "CHiPs" screen shot was kinda the money.

We were wandering around an indoor garden in Chicago near Navy Pier. My wife took a picture of me and my son, Jack. We have no idea as to why the gesture he is making, but is one of my favorite pictures of him.

I put together this avatar from some Clipart and mspaint more than 12 years ago. Just happy to use it for free. Been thinking about how it would look redrawn by one of the artists here and worked into a chip inlay if I had money to blow at CPC...

I always find it interesting to hear some of the reasons as to why users select the avatar they do.

Me? My first, real set of chips were the Paulson Pharaohs and waaaayyy back I had a bit of time on my hand and made "The Pharaoh Village" from the chips and plaques -- somewhere in there I found my avatar and it's stuck.

paraohvillage1xt9.jpg

wow! that is awsome. How long was that "bit of time" to actually build?

I think pigs are cool and I like cartoons...

Last edited:
My kids and I spent 4 or 5 hrs I think. Not too bad. Lots of fun.

Maybe too many cooks will spoil the broth, but they’ll fill our hearts with so much love.

New Avatar. New Whatsapp. I can but love Art Deco.

I saw that Avatar, and in a Miami second it was shouting "SOUTH BEACH" at my computer. I love that town - except for the parking. Parking sucks. Now that today is sub-freezing, I want to go back.

I did a group buy of shirts (and Hoodies) on the big blue, I thought these people here will know me if I use this.....
Some of you wont understand......:)

I will eventually change my avatar to my art work for my POKER ROOM or what ever it will be called when I design my CPC made chips....WHEN!!!

When I started out years ago on the blue site, I googled "most aggressive fish", and as it turned out...a piranha. I think that encapsulated my play then. And to this day, many a game I still go home hungry...hence "fish".

Uh, while it doesn't apply to me directly, I wanted to bring an oldie but goodie from big blue. Toad was the 1st to post it, then it was used a ton, and virtually disappeared. If you were at CT long ago, you know the picture well. If not, well, you might have to ask someone.

Mark

Beer Angel. Not sure I could provide a coherent rationale.

I change mine often but for now when I stare it reminds of the ironman I'm trying to do in 2015 and that it will take a miracle to put the work in to make it happen. Seeing that bike is the reminder... get on the road and put some miles in and quite chip talking !! the nerd in me cant help it :)

Current avatar is a screenshot of Will Kassouf from the rebooted Poker After Dark. He has these sunglasses where you can type in a word somehow, and it scrolls across the face of the glasses. At first it said coconuts, then he changed it to monkey nuts. I thought that it was so ridiculous and hilarious that I couldn’t stop giggling like a school girl, figured it’d be an appropriate avatar.

Hard to see, but I took a screenshot so that it says “nuts” across the glasses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom