What's the Preferred Number of Cut Cards on the Table? (1 Viewer)

What's the Preferred Number of Cut Cards on the Table?

Votes: 9 29.0%

Votes: 22 71.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • one per player

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ArielVer18

Flush
Reaction score
For people that hosts, what's your preferred number of cut cards on the table? Assume self dealt and two decks.

One cut card per deck in a self dealt game. Only one needed if there's a dedicated dealer.
I slightly disagree. If there are other shufflers in the game, they should put the cut card on top of their shuffled deck after the shuffle is complete, and then get the shuffled deck back to the dealer for a cut once the current hand is over. Placing a cut card on the top of the shuffled deck signals that the shuffle has completed, and protects the top card from possible manipulation or detection. Just my $0.02, a penny for each cut card at a table with two decks.

Last edited:
I'd vote 1 per deck. Not on the list of choices, though.

I slightly disagree. If there are other shufflers in the game, they should put the cut card on top of their shuffled deck after the shuffle is complete, and then get the shuffled deck back to the dealer for a cut once the current hand is over. Placing a cut card on the top of the shuffled deck protects the top card from possible manipulation or detection. $0.02
That's definitely good practice in a self dealt game. In my game the cut card is placed next to the deck to indicate the shuffle is completed and the deck needs a cut, but that's an excellent point you bring up with potential tampering of the top of the deck.

In a game with a dedicated dealer and a shuffletech, there's simply no need for more than one cut card. Clean up the muck on the active deck. Take shuffled deck out of the shuffletech. Cut shuffled deck onto cut card. Place mucked deck into shuffletech while dealing the new deck. Rinse and repeat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom