Whats the most players you've ever played with at one table? (1 Viewer)

Exactly where I'm at. 11 coming for sure and another 6-8 maybes. Not worth turning them away since all the maybes except one are very loose players that pretty much always donate their $20 for the night then go home.
Either make it a two-table game, or cap it at 11 (or ideally, less). When those other guys respond tell them they're on the wait list. I bet they're not so wishy washy next time.

10 + Dealer, wasnt so bad the table was big enough to fit everyone comfortable and there was quite a few big boys at the table.

12, because some folks were complaining about splitting into two tables of 6. Never again.
We'll do 11 for a short time until the 12th person shows up and then we split into two tables. Typically wait until we're back down to 10 to re-combine.

10, or might have even been 11?, because it was a charity event and all tables were full and every penny counts. It was a rebuy tournie also so no wait list.

Normal pub league games can have 3 tables of 9, with wait list, and break at 16 and 8.

Home game is 8 max and I'll never go more. Circus cash can be better with 7 so if I get 8 then fine but less is also good.

Ugh...

Yeah, we have an annual 4-day trip with 12 guys, so we play with 12 unless someone wants a break. Really don't like it, but it is what it is... If we play a tournament*, we split the table in half and play two separate groups of six players (on the same table), and then change to a single table format when two get knocked out - so this works...

*Note: for our annual trip, we rent a place in Tahoe in February and it never has enough beds - generally 3 of us end up sleeping on a couch... So, when we all arrive on day 1, we start it all off with a quick Tournament. Placement determines bed(room) choices - 1st gets 1st choice, 2nd gets 2nd choice, and so on. So... don't come in last (or the bottom 3)... :wtf:

Really don't like playing with 12 and don't like 11 either (a buddy of mine usually puts on a cash game with 11 players :confused). 10 obviously works, but I always prefer nine players - cash or tourney...

10 once and hopefully never again. 9 is ok but 8 is preferred largest. 7 if dealers choice.

My group likes to play small tables. Anywhere between 5 to 8 people calling.

My group likes to play small tables. Anywhere between 5 to 8 people calling. Up to 10 people is fine. If there is an 11th person I would have the dealer just deal and not play. If there is a 12th I would rotate out button

People warm up to it more than you would think. It’s actually kind of nice to get to focus on healing and watching people play. And then out but he gives you time to grab snacks beer and take a piss. Then we really don’t need intermission You can wait for your out button.

At 13 people break it up into two tables. Find out what’s easier for your group, do you want to split it up by the stakes being played or you can set up one table just Texas hold them and one table mixed game

Ugh...

Yeah, we have an annual 4-day trip with 12 guys, so we play with 12 unless someone wants a break. Really don't like it, but it is what it is... If we play a tournament*, we split the table in half and play two separate groups of six players (on the same table), and then change to a single table format when two get knocked out - so this works...

*Note: for our annual trip, we rent a place in Tahoe in February and it never has enough beds - generally 3 of us end up sleeping on a couch... So, when we all arrive on day 1, we start it all off with a quick Tournament. Placement determines bed(room) choices - 1st gets 1st choice, 2nd gets 2nd choice, and so on. So... don't come in last (or the bottom 3)... :wtf:

Really don't like playing with 12 and don't like 11 either (a buddy of mine usually puts on a cash game with 11 players :confused). 10 obviously works, but I always prefer nine players - cash or tourney...

Read my post above, I’m telling you rotate an out button and have the dealer just deal

I work in Tahoe most of the week, I was up there today. If you need 2-4 extras in a tournament I have some easy going fish might be enough to beef it up to comfortable 2 table.

10 is already awful. Played once in some goofy social hall game with 11. Even worse. 12 would be a nightmare imho.

But then I think 7-8 handed is best…

…two tables of 6 is WAY better than one of 12.
Truth.

Our standard home game was 5-8, and that is best for micro cash game holdem. We did have an 11 handed game once, and we lowered the buyin without lowering the blinds because there was a bunch of new players. Big mistake, never repeated that one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom