What's the lowest gas price you've seen....? (1 Viewer)

Costco at $2.29 is best in the Portland metro area at the moment.

I took this about a week ago. Costco by me about 5 days ago was $1.25.

20200324_122230.jpg

I have not. It is apparently only at places that are not adequately staffed.

It seems like it might be a gimmicky way to promote business in the short term. It sounds appealing to me, though my household is using less than our usual 6-8 gallons of gas per week at the moment.

E0504522-0ACB-4DC4-95B5-1529D66293DE.jpeg

$1.83 I think.

Had a buddy post on Facebook a place in Wisconsin that was at $.97. It wasn’t near a huge city

Coming from a state that everyone pumps their own gas it’s wild to me that there’s states where some people have never pumped their own gas. The opposite is true I’m sure. Got to find some of those clips from the state that stopped the requirement that someone else pump your gas a few years back. Some pretty hilarious footage of first time gas pumpers :D

Back in 1965 we got a soda anytime gas was less than a quarter a gallon. That is a bit more than $2 / gallon in 2020 dollars. This was a love / hate situation as the family business was oil drilling.

In 1965 the Texas Rail Road Commission was the "OPEC" of the day. Everyone got told how much they could produce in order to keep prices stable. This commission still exists and considering issuing its first production restrictions in decades hoping to stabilize the price of oil.

Lots of Exploration & Production companies are going broke. I get notices every week about bankruptcies, reorganizations and division orders from new entities now running the fields.

Hard times are coming to the oil patch -=- DrStrange

PS the problem with becoming a net producer of energy is low prices cost the economy more than consumers gain from low pump prices. I can empathize with folks getting excited by cheap gas, but it is not an unmitigated good deal for the USA.

Last edited:
Back in 1965 we got a soda anytime gas was less than a quarter a gallon. That is a bit more than $2 / gallon in 2020 dollars. This was a love / hate situation as the family business was oil drilling.

In 1965 the Texas Rail Road Commission was the "OPEC" of the day. Everyone got told how much they could produce in order to keep prices stable. This commission still exists and considering issuing its first production restrictions in decades hoping to stabilize the price of oil.

Lots of Exploration & Production companies are going broke. I get notices every week about bankruptcies, reorganizations and division orders from new entities now running the fields.

Hard times are coming to the oil patch -=- DrStrange

PS the problem with becoming a net producer of energy is low prices cost the economy more than consumers gain from low pump prices. I can empathize with folks getting excited by cheap gas, but it is not an unmitigated good deal for the USA.
One of the other dads in my son's Scout troop works for Noble Energy. I saw him at a meeting on March 9th the day that their stock price dropped about 50%. Had to ask him "how was your day at work??" I looked again and it's only gone down more since then. He's on the natural gas side here in CO, so hopefully he can keep his job at least.

An old relative of mine, Joseph Seep, used to work for Standard Oil and he was responsible for setting the price of oil each day. Kind of a crazy job. They named a tanker after him, and it was sunk by the Germans during WWII. The site of his home has a historical marker in Titusville, PA now: https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=138496

Coming from a state that everyone pumps their own gas it’s wild to me that there’s states where some people have never pumped their own gas. The opposite is true I’m sure. Got to find some of those clips from the state that stopped the requirement that someone else pump your gas a few years back. Some pretty hilarious footage of first time gas pumpers :D

I thought the same thing! Never imagined someone having to pump gas for me, or that there were people who have never attempted such a routine (for me) task.
$1.76 in Omaha this morning

Almost a year later. Time to flip this thread as gas prices are on the rise!

I just paid $389 per gallon around the corner from my house. That’s cash price for unleaded!

I've been paying like 0.012-0.017 gas fees to move anything these days. Got it down to under 0.01 the other day and boy was I thrilled!

ETH gas fees are killer. o_O

Almost a year later. Time to flip this thread as gas prices are on the rise!

I just paid $389 per gallon around the corner from my house. That’s cash price for unleaded!
we creeping up on 4$ here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom