What's the lowest gas price you've seen....? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, $3.89 is ridiculous. Unfortunately, I think it’s going higher like it’s been before. ☹️ We’ll see

Gas in Vancouver is just under CAD$1 per litre, which translates to about USD$3 per gallon. I'm still glad I have a full electric.
In Canada there's a hefty road improvement tax build in to the cost of gasoline to pay for wear and tear on the roads. And now there's a carbon tax too. Plus sales tax.

$2.00 a few months ago, say October, been climbing steadily to the $2.70 I paid today.

In Canada there's a hefty road improvement tax build in to the cost of gasoline to pay for wear and tear on the roads. And now there's a carbon tax too. Plus sales tax.

Right now gas is just on the underside of $1.50 a litre, or just under US$5 per gallon. I'm still glad I have a full electric. At BC Hydro average rates, it costs me 1.2 cents per kilometer in "fuel". In comparison, my 2005 Honda Odyssey minivan costs about 25 cents per kilometer in fuel.

So do you drive? That would be like $400 a week for me!
Like many other people, I have to drive currently because of the pandemic (to avoid congestion in mass transport media).
Otherwise, I mostly used the subway to commute. I only drove for pleasure outside the city.
Distances are generally smaller though; vehicle engines and weights too - generally.
So, I need something like 100E or $120 a week for fuel. Of course, my job pays less than one-third in comparison to the same job in the US.

So do you drive? That would be like $400 a week for me!
Yes Sir, about 40K KM per year...

And I don't drive eco stuff...I have a hybrid but I normaly blow away the full charge on the first 3 red lights I have to 'relaunch ;) '
Without battery it needs 7 litre for 100 KM (but that only happens when I'm stuck behind slow traffic) more like 10 litre when pushing it.
Battery range is 40-50 KM (in unicorn land imho)

Like many other people, I have to drive currently because of the pandemic (to avoid congestion in mass transport media).
Otherwise, I mostly used the subway to commute. I only drove for pleasure outside the city.
Distances are generally smaller though; vehicle engines and weights too - generally.
So, I need something like 100E or $120 a week for fuel. Of course, my job pays less than one-third in comparison to the same job in the US.

Yikes, I’m not driving much right now because of the pandemic. I just looked I’ve drove 800 miles or 1300km. @ 13mpg I’ve spent around $200 for the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom