What's the deal with BUMP!! (1 Viewer)

rkbowlathon

Sitting Out
Reaction score
New member here and I have a dumb but honest question. As I surf the site and look over threads and auctions everyone posts: BUMP, BUMP BUMP. Is this used to show you like something or does it have more meaning? Help me with the lingo

Not certain, but I believe it is short for "bump"ing the thread to the top of the New Posts list. That way people will see it when doing they're daily perusal as well as get a notification if they are watching the thread.

1569465067078.gif

Well at least this ended up being a worth while question. Thanks for the clarification

You'll see some sales with pages of bumps. Actually a pet peeve of mine, at some point I would think a price adjustment might be considered (but be careful, one of the big site rules is that you can't criticize sale prices).

I am sure it is difficult to program, but it would be awesome if there was a way to categorize better than just "for sale" so that you could possibly look at what was available based on tags like this:
  • "for sale" + "complete set" + "paulson" + "thc"
  • "for sale" + "sample set" + "cpc"
  • "for sale" + "paulson" + "rhc" + "solids"
  • "for sale" + "barrel" + "paulson" + "thc"
It would help sell things that have been sitting around for a long time and make search functions more usable and bumping less important.

Last edited:
We’re going to bump all night long.
We’re going to boogie ‘til the cows come home...

It took me a while to figure out all the different terms. First i was overwhelmed, never heard of barrel or rack,inlay, bump, etc :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom