What's not working here? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, agreed — I think the £1 is definitely the issue as the Retro Blue is just too dark judging by the photos posted by @arch3r.
1629564927486.png

I love Imperial Blue as a medium blue base. Also Retro Red would work as a medium red base. If you are completely trying to avoid unweighted base colors I would go Mandarin Red which is very close to Retro. I could see this lineup working well. Also, specifically knowing that in real life this would be a great combo.

6861a14e-30c5-47a2-997e-a0beed4e43b9.png

Awesome line up Jack! This is going to be sick!

I really dig the butterscotch frac (my next custom will almost certainly have a butterscotch frac), I think it would be even better with edge spots! And I wouldn’t be afraid to repeat colors a couple times in the line up (one base, one edge spot). I’d actually say it can help with cohesion

maroon and black will created dirty stacks for sure - so it’s a good idea to correct that. But I think that point is moot if you are going with a brown frac already - too many shades of browns for base colors. I’d pick a retro red or hot pink $5, to go with the butterscotch frac, dayglo peacock $1 (with the retro blue edge spot, just like the Silver Saddle $1!) and make the black $20 really pop. And you need to add a $100 because moar chips is just better of course

If I ever need a headache I always know exactly which threads to open. It’s the customs feedback threads.

Lots of great advice in here and lots of not so great advice too. My 2¢ for customs - don’t get too attached to certain chips, take your time, and keep the circle of feedback small and limited to a few whose taste you trust

Edit: that maroon 5 is nuts. Would totally build around it.

If I ever need a headache I always know exactly which threads to open. It’s the customs feedback threads.

Lots of great advice in here and lots of not so great advice too. My 2¢ for customs - don’t get too attached to certain chips, take your time, and keep the circle of feedback small and limited to a few whose taste you trust
MY TASTE PERFECT. PERFECT TASTE

I love Imperial Blue as a medium blue base. Also Retro Red would work as a medium red base. If you are completely trying to avoid unweighted base colors I would go Mandarin Red which is very close to Retro. I could see this lineup working well. Also, specifically knowing that in real life this would be a great combo.

View attachment 760507
Yeah, that's exactly what I had in mind with the blue once @arch3r posted that photo — it's a great middle ground.

ZomboDroid 21082021190357.jpg

17726c8b-030f-443c-b32a-c11c0ead9d80.png

ff39616c-6098-4782-b07a-f84f72fc50f1.png

23abc431-2459-4a0f-82c9-32af417bc153.png

61d9071f-dd05-43fb-b66c-404b18135f65.png

I'm wondering whether there's a case for a purple £25 instead?

7045ab97-724c-4204-a48a-4cbfe2b1fda6.png

Edit: that maroon 5 is nuts. Would totally build around it.
Greet advice all-round — diolch!

Yeah, even though I don't won't to get too tied to one chip, it feels stupid not to build this set around the Maroon £5. With the golden hotstamp in the middle, the thought of it is giving me serious degen chipping tingles.

Awesome line up Jack! This is going to be sick!

I really dig the butterscotch frac (my next custom will almost certainly have a butterscotch frac), I think it would be even better with edge spots! And I wouldn’t be afraid to repeat colors a couple times in the line up (one base, one edge spot). I’d actually say it can help with cohesion

maroon and black will created dirty stacks for sure - so it’s a good idea to correct that. But I think that point is moot if you are going with a brown frac already - too many shades of browns for base colors. I’d pick a retro red or hot pink $5, to go with the butterscotch frac, dayglo peacock $1 (with the retro blue edge spot, just like the Silver Saddle $1!) and make the black $20 really pop. And you need to add a $100 because moar chips is just better of course
Awesome advice, cheers dude! Like you said, the Butterscotch frac is a keeper.

Great shout with the Dayglo Peacock £1, too, potentially. As much as I love the Imperial Blue because I think it will look insane with a hotstamp, it is hard to argue against Dayglo looking better in this lineup from @arch3r:

pxl_20210821_171506603-jpg.jpg

Have you considered making the maroon the £20? You could keep that chip and your original £1 and find a lighter £5. Butterscotch £5 and retro lavender frac?

1629571002663.png

which yellow is that? if it's DG yellow, that's the same combo as my $1, here is what it looks like in real life:

20210821_143408.jpg

Have you considered making the maroon the £20? You could keep that chip and your original £1 and find a lighter £5. Butterscotch £5 and retro lavender frac?
Unfortunately, the £20 chip rarely sees the light of day in my 0.25 / 0.25 game, so realistically want the Maroon to be the workhorse.

View attachment 760557

which yellow is that? if it's DG yellow, that's the same combo as my $1, here is what it looks like in real life:

View attachment 760556
Wwww, that looks nice, although mine would be Canary. Thanks for the photo — really helps. I'm wondering if DG Blue might work better, as the Light Blue as a spot is more muted than I imagined it might be.

@PocketAces with your DG Blue suggestion.

ZomboDroid 21082021193024.jpg

17726c8b-030f-443c-b32a-c11c0ead9d80.png

8d2f989d-f29d-44be-a4a5-89c250e67132.png

23abc431-2459-4a0f-82c9-32af417bc153.png

5cd48da3-7fb4-4ac2-be30-2fe852ae9ebd.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the £20 chip rarely sees the light of day in my 0.25 / 0.25 game, so realistically want the Maroom to be the workhorse.

Wwww, that looks nice, although mine would be Canary. Thanks for the photo — really helps. I'm wondering if DG Blue might work better, as the Light Blue as a spot is more muted than I imagined it might be.

@PocketAces with your DG Blue suggestion.

View attachment 760561
View attachment 760574
View attachment 760573
View attachment 760575
View attachment 760571
Love the first three chips!

Love the first three chips!
Thanks — great shout with the lighter blue! Again, the Purple works well on its own, but we've now got three similar hues for base colours.

Might explore a Green £25 instead.

Thanks — great shout with the lighter blue! Again, the Purple works well on its own, but we've now got three similar hues for base colours.

Might explore a Green £25 instead.
I was going to suggest a light shade of green.

Butterscotch for the frac would be the winner! Try a lighter blue and lighter color for $5 if you are using a black $20. NO Lavender!!! Pink frac also works. Lavender, Blah

I've always liked this lineup (butterscotch, imperial blue, mandarin red). Pic is taken on my windowsill on a cloudy day:

PXL_20210822_153141543.jpg

I like your original lineup best.
Yeah, me too, I think. The problem being, however, is as amazing as they look on-screen, I do think that the base colours will look way too similar in person. Once I get a hotstamp sample set through, I should be able to get a much clearer idea of what works well together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom