What's not working here? (1 Viewer)

jr8719

Full House
Reaction score
Labels aside, my TRK set is pretty much done.

Paulson THC cash set won't be happening until Vegas trip in May next year.

I want to work on something in the interim, and feel as though a hotstamp set is one of the only things left that I really want.

Really scratching my head on this one; feels as though the frac is the only chip not working here? But I just can't figure out why?

ZomboDroid 21082021020051.jpg

17726c8b-030f-443c-b32a-c11c0ead9d80.png

dfbb8590-afdc-45ba-a9e1-e13d70cc657e.png

23abc431-2459-4a0f-82c9-32af417bc153.png

0dba6a63-2460-4643-97e8-6f0d26512f3e.png

Is it even the frac itself, or the yellow in the blue chip not working right next to the butterscotch?

I'd love to potentially have a light green frac, but would ideally like to avoid duplicating colours whatsoever as it tilts me no end.

Last edited:
I think these look great. What color is the frac? Is that Butterscotch? If so I like it.

Otherwise maybe retro lavender on the frac.
+1 for lavender.

A light purple was the first thing to come to mind if any changes at all! Maybe retro lavender?

Edit: Might look slightly odd only to you because there’s a lot of orange/yellows, with that one being the dullest of them all. While it is still the brightest chip on the board. I bet in person that would look wicked good though.

Last edited:
I think these look great. What color is the frac? Is that Butterscotch? If so I like it.

Otherwise maybe retro lavender on the frac.
Yeah, Butterscotch. I think I've been working on it for so long, I probably needed some fresh eyes on it, more than anything.

Really close call with the Lavender, per yours and @MatthewTreeTree's suggestion...

ZomboDroid 21082021020443.jpg

2e4070d3-5a38-4af2-baa6-e53a8a0a37ea.png

dfbb8590-afdc-45ba-a9e1-e13d70cc657e.png

23abc431-2459-4a0f-82c9-32af417bc153.png

0dba6a63-2460-4643-97e8-6f0d26512f3e.png

Something closer to the Hsi $500 for the frac but don't know of that makes it all to dark though and if there would be dirty stack issues, just think it might fit

Like the look and where you are going with it, but I think the base color of the 5 and 20 are too close. And a solid frac while the rest of the set has the same spot pattern seems off to me. I tweaked your set a bit with a new frac, following the same spots as the rest of the set, and slightly lighter 5, chocolate vs maroon. Just my $0.02

6c6c62bc-dfdf-429d-927e-cc021423f9e9.png

I actually like a solid frac and agree it was the butterscotch color that felt off. The Lavender suggestion was a good one! Also like going with the lighter chocolate brown as well. Some good suggestions so far.

I think the frac could go a lavender or yellow, and with the chocolate brown $5 it’s starting to really pop!!

I want to work on something in the interim, and feel as though a hotstamp set is one of the only things left that I really want.

Really scratching my head on this one; feels as though the frac is the only chip not working here? But I just can't figure out why?

View attachment 759990
View attachment 759991
View attachment 759992
View attachment 759993
View attachment 759994

Is it even the frac itself, or the yellow in the blue chip not working right next to the butterscotch?

I'd love to potentially have a light green frac, but would ideally like to avoid duplicating colours whatsoever as it tilts me no end.
It's perfect. Don't change a thing.

View attachment 759990
View attachment 759991
View attachment 759992
View attachment 759993
View attachment 759994

I like solid fracs. However, not in this lineup. The jump from the frac to the one feels to big to me. I also don't love the color. There is a bunch of better options imo.

The base colors with the 5 and 20 are both pretty dark. I would like a little more contrast between the two chips. Any concern with dirty stacks?

the yellow in the blue chip not working right next to the butterscotch

the base color of the 5 and 20 are too close

if the $5 is maroon (is it?), then i agree with both of these. as is in OP, you have some shade of yellow in 3/4 chips, and the spots on the $1 and $20 are very similar.

i do really like each chip individually though.

Just echoing some of the other comments on here - I like the original frac color, it feels more in theme with the rest of the Chips. I do think the original $5 and $20 are too close to each other so a change in the base color on one of those is a good idea.

Yeah the butterscotch felt good. Perhaps it’s the lack of contrast between a hotstamp and the butterscotch.

I really like the $1, but could consider a lighter blue for the dollar such as Imperial Blue. DG peacock could be an option but might be too electric for this set.

Or could consider not black for the $20 (although more retro).

If you're going to go with a Cali color scheme and denom, toss that boring ol' red out, at least go orange if not yellow! I like the chips though

Wow, thank you all for such amazing feedback thus far — getting advice from people with much more experience has really helped.

I probably should have given a little more context to the set before posting, but I'm really, really digging the cohesive spot pattern of all the Cali sets from @PocketAces and @Windwalker — so wanted to replicate the 3D14 in the same fashion.

Consensus has it that I need to get rid of the Maroon fiver, which I'm gutted about as I think it was the sickest individual chip in the lineup. However, the original suggestion of Chocolate from @arch3r (and subsequently others) is a masterful one, as it helps the £1 and £20 pop so much more.

Question being now, however, is whether a Butterscotch frac would work with the Chocolate fiver? Is anyone able to take a photo of the base colours next to each other, please, as I don't have a CPC sample set yet?

ZomboDroid 21082021164323.jpg

ZomboDroid 21082021164103.jpg

Wow, thank you all for such amazing feedback thus far — getting advice from people with much more experience has really helped.

I probably should have given a little more context to the set before posting, but I'm really, really digging the cohesive spot pattern of all the Cali sets from @PocketAces and @Windwalker — so wanted to replicate the 3D14 in the same fashion.

Consensus has it that I need to get rid of the Maroon fiver, which I'm gutted about as I think it was the sickest individual chip in the lineup. However, the original suggestion of Chocolate from @arch3r (and subsequently others) is a masterful one, as it helps the £1 and £20 pop so much more.

Question being now, however, is whether a Butterscotch frac would work with the Chocolate fiver? Is anyone able to take a photo of the base colours next to each other, please, as I don't have a CPC sample set yet?

View attachment 760177
View attachment 760178
MAROON FIVE OR GTFO. DIRTY STACKS NO MATTER. MAROON FIVE. I WILL NEVER SPEAK MORE CLEARER.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom