Whats for Breakfast? (4 Viewers)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
was going to take my boy to breakfast today. Instead I decided to try something different. On a whim I made bacon gravy. First time I ever made it. It turned out awesome!!! I prefer sausage gravy. This is what I had on hand. Next time it will be Tomato Bacon gravy in honor of my late grandfather (he made this all the damn time, best gravy I ever ate).

Simple breakfast, eggs, bacon gravy, canned biscuits (next time might try home made biscuits) topped with a little Franks hot sauce.

20150124_083817_zpsuboojcuh.jpg

I did my workout this morning. I figure I can eat this without feeling to guilty :)

Looks good. I don't think I've ever had bacon gravy. How did you make it?

I had big plans of getting up and making breakfast this morning but I was up until 2:45 am so I slept in until noon today... guess its lunch time now lol

I've never been much of a breakfast guy, especially during the week - wake up, shower, get dressed, get out the door, get to work, make coffee.

If we do breakfast on the weekend it's usually homemade buttermilk pancakes and bacon.

[FONT=&quot]Ingredients [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]6 slices bacon [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons bacon grease [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons flour [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]2 cups milk [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]salt and pepper [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Directions[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Preheat a large skillet to medium-hi. Place 6 slices of bacon in the skillet and cook until just under crispy. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Remove bacon from skillet and drain; set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease. [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Add flour to grease, and whisk together. Cook for about a minute without burning the flour. [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Add milk; whisk together. [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Heat until bubbling. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until sauce starts to thicken. [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Meanwhile, crumble bacon. Add salt and pepper (to taste), and bacon to gravy. Allow to simmer until desired consistency. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Serve over biscuits.[/FONT]

Hi. Come on in. Welcome to my breakfast room. Today we'll serve some finnish dark rye bread with: sunny side up fried eggs with naga jolokia sauce and sunflower seeds, green pesto, butter, tomatoes, cucumber, sweet pepper and spinach. To go with we drink huge glass of dark roasted coffee . Oh, and do remember to take your vitamins and supplements.

I'm just TapaTalking

How can that NOT be awesome?!?!?!

If you had told me you were cooking instead of driving to Canton I'd have join you! Jk man... It looks delicious...

[FONT=&amp]Ingredients [/FONT]

• [FONT=&amp]6 slices bacon [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&amp]2 tablespoons bacon grease [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&amp]2 tablespoons flour [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&amp]2 cups milk [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&amp]salt and pepper [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Directions[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&amp]Preheat a large skillet to medium-hi. Place 6 slices of bacon in the skillet and cook until just under crispy. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&amp]Remove bacon from skillet and drain; set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease. [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&amp]Add flour to grease, and whisk together. Cook for about a minute without burning the flour. [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&amp]Add milk; whisk together. [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&amp]Heat until bubbling. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until sauce starts to thicken. [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&amp]Meanwhile, crumble bacon. Add salt and pepper (to taste), and bacon to gravy. Allow to simmer until desired consistency. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Serve over biscuits.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ingredients [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]6 slices bacon [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons bacon grease [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons flour [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]2 cups milk [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]salt and pepper [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Directions[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Preheat a large skillet to medium-hi. Place 6 slices of bacon in the skillet and cook until just under crispy. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Remove bacon from skillet and drain; set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease. [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Add flour to grease, and whisk together. Cook for about a minute without burning the flour. [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Add milk; whisk together. [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Heat until bubbling. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until sauce starts to thicken. [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Meanwhile, crumble bacon. Add salt and pepper (to taste), and bacon to gravy. Allow to simmer until desired consistency. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Serve over biscuits.[/FONT]

That sounds delicious! I will have to give that a try tomorrow if I wake up early enough. Thanks for the recipe!

20150130_074208_zpsleqoqjsw.jpg

made breakfast for the wifey and I this morning before work.

We split a 4 egg omelet with red bell pepper, green onions, tomatoes, feta, ham, and shredded cheddar.

The key imo is after you pour the eggs into the hot pan. Sprinkle some of the shredded cheese over the eggs and let them cook into the "shell" of the omelet.

20160318_064207_zpsxy5m4k4x.jpg

wife brought home some bagels. Since I had a solid treadmill work out I treated myself before work today. Made a breakfast sandwich with eggs, white cheddar, black forest ham, and franks hot sauce on a poppy seed bagel.

20160318_064207_zpsxy5m4k4x.jpg

wife brought home some bagels. Since I had a solid treadmill work out I treated myself before work today. Made a breakfast sandwich with eggs, white cheddar, black forest ham, and franks hot sauce on a poppy seed bagel.

Man, this is killing me. I'm low carbing it for a few weeks to drop 10 lbs or so. No beer, bread, pasta, chips, or potatos. That first beer at S@P is gonna taste great.

Had these real Irish Sausages and eggs last year. Just delicious! A great breakfast but it could use some American bacon and blood pudding. Still an excellent meal.
20140601_095444.jpg

Man, this is killing me. I'm low carbing it for a few weeks to drop 10 lbs or so. No beer, bread, pasta, chips, or potatos....

Ha. Big cup of fresh, strong decaf coffee, a dozen assorted Dunkin' Donut holes, bottle of dark chocolate Ensure. Breakfast of Champions!

Jake made home made waffles with a strawberry topping. The strawberry topping tasted similar to the stuff that you get with strawberry shortcake.

20160528_080837_zpsdlead0de.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom