What's been your experience with a set from CPC? (1 Viewer)

DAinPA

Sitting Out
Reaction score
For everyone/anyone who has purchased a custom set from CPC -- how do you like em? I recently got a sample set (rounders) and I love the feel. The 25c chip did have a 25c sticker on one side and a $25 on the other lol. But they looked pretty good overall. Worth the price? How they holding up?

Thanks!
-dan

Love my set. I've also got a second one on order
Screenshot_20200616_123108.jpg

Top quality from quality people I will post photos later but have over 2700 chips made by CPC and ASM the former name of the same company.
Yes pron please. Don't think I've seen your customs before.

Agree though that ASM were and CPC are a great company with excellent customer service.

im hoping to put in an order for a small crown set sometime this year. I’ve had a color sample set for a few months now and have finally decided on color spots.

It is a big investment that loses its resale value much like a new car once you drive it off the lot. So make sure you REALLY known what you want before placing an order. And if you aren’t sure please post some mock up here and we will gladly give you some decent advice. I waited about 10 years before I knew what I wanted my custom set to be before ordering.

Once you do know what you want it is a great experience to design and see them IRL.

I also have 2 custom sets.

BF00CDBF-B739-44D7-8F6B-1AE67F1520DD.jpeg
910BAA7F-0949-4C7F-942F-0B3F2D257E49.jpeg

I don't think anybody who puts in the time on research and design is ever going to regret getting a CPC set. I don't own one, but I've probably played ten sessions on different CPC sets, and they're great. They're major league chips, and if somebody likes Paulsons more than CPCs, it's like the Yankees and the Dodgers - point is, you're in the majors.

See if you can get your hands on a mold sample set; even just a loaner.
My attitude towards the CPC molds were completely backwards when I only had prOn to base my decision.
Actually holding them in my hands changed everything.
For example, the elephant mold suddenly became one of my favorite molds, after I was initially convinced they were my least favorite.

Which mold are those?
A mix of ASM Roman molds and Diamond molds, I think.

BG nailed it.

The base set is all on the roman moldwith 312 edgespot from when at the time that was all they were offering. I added on the pinks at a later time when more edge spot combinations were available, but before the roman mold went out of service.

I made a further add-on of greens after that, but by that time the roman mold was done.

In order that the greens not be the complete oddball in the set, I actually got some pinks and blues (the chips we use the most) done in the diamond mold as well and put them into circulation in the game setup.

Point which will definitely amuse this audience - no one from the game has ever commented on the different molds in play, and those chips have been in use for a couple of years now. Again, I only host so often, but that is probably still tens of game nights.

The 25c chip did have a 25c sticker on one side and a $25 on the other lol.
Being hand-made, errors occur from time to time. My set is from ASM (CPC's predecessor), but they always included errors and a couple extras so you got more than what you paid for. And ASM always used stock designs errors for sample sets and color samples. I'm sure CPC does the same.

It is a big investment that loses its resale value much like a new car once you drive it off the lot. So make sure you REALLY known what you want before placing an order. And if you aren’t sure please post some mock up here and we will gladly give you some decent advice. I waited about 10 years before I knew what I wanted my custom set to be before ordering.

Once you do know what you want it is a great experience to design and see them IRL.

I also have 2 custom sets.

View attachment 476646View attachment 476651
I agree with them loosing value for the most part, but the Hall of Fame sets like your club houses, P+P, Everliegh, Speak EC. The Black Cats, Colony Club, Rosie's Bayou suicide Queens, The barrel House and countless others, I bet would keep their value to huge fans! I know several people would pay over original value for a chance to own these!
20200617_093202.jpg

My good friend @Ronoh owns the title for the best customs ever in my book!

These beauties brought me to the forum being a huge Bond fan and I had no idea they were custom chips! There are many pictures of them online and If I could have bought some the price wouldn't matter! Another amazing set!!
20200617_092809.jpg

I bought @Quicksilver-75 complete series of The Silver Tounged Devil because The moment I saw it, I knew this would be my favorite design ever, I was obsessed finding all the small pieces and buttons Steve had created. When It was offered to me by Steve, I could think of no larger honor that owning this series. No it's not my design, I wish I was that talented!! Its almost like custom Art from your favorite artist that never sells, because most never let go of their customs!
20200305_162149.jpg

Thank you @StevieG they are amazing and I promise to expand the set in the future large enough for meet ups, because they are all time Hall Of Fame chips to me, I love them more every single time I look at them! They say everything in life has a price but I would not sell these for any price, so to say they are pricey is true but... the concept and design are flawless and CPC absolutely knocked it out of the park!!!

My advice would be do not rush into this, design something that has deep personal meaning, looks amazing, hire a professional for inlay help or at least consultation if you do want to design on your own. If you can't afford the edge spot design levels you want... save up and do not settle for less, but before you go crazy with level 12s and up share your ideas with the community and ask for help, that's what we are here for!

Durability... well that's a fun one to answer. CPC uses a very dense clay composition, they can cut you when new but as they break in I quote @Highli99 "they just get buttery" they break in but they don't break down!! We play with the Speak EC chips @krafticus home game on a monthly basis, 30 plus players and they get lots of use and honestly they are just getting better!!! They just don't wear like a softer chip (paulsons)... I think you are in for a treat with how they hold up!!
20200617_092511.jpg

Also worth noting is finding the right mold! They all have a different feel, there have been many discussions on which is the best, I say buy samples and decide for yourself! Personally the Circle Square mold is my favorite, the new Scrown mold bought from TRK seems to be the new favorite and that is what the Silver Toubged Devils are made on, very different than CSQ but still awesome!!

Don't be afraid to go all out if this is your forever chip set! My good friend @Chippy McChiperson owns these beautiful forever chips, although I haven't had the pleasure of felt time with them yet!! I'm sure it's coming.
20200617_092949.jpg

Notice the shaped inlays which I believe is still an option! The time that goes into picking chips that won't have dirty stack issues, great edge spot progression in the cash set! Definitely not cheap but absolutely a forever set (trying to make it into his Will but don't tell him) Lmao

Sorry for the book, I have a horrible habit of extremely long boring posts. Best of luck on your CPC customs journey. I hope after 10 minutes of your life wasted that something in there was worth reading!! If not enjoy the pics!! Fellow Chipper Ben

I got the Atlantic Club hotstamp stock tournament set from CPC which I am very happy with. It's only a matter of time before I purchase a custom set I'd imagine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom