What's a fair price for Paulson CDI's? (3 Viewers)

This thread has brought on a huge feeling of ragret for selling my Pharaoh's in particular.

Heavy hearted nostalgia here...

They are and always will be beautiful chips. Classy design, and elegant colorations....

This thread has brought on a huge feeling of ragret for selling my Pharaoh's in particular.

Heavy hearted nostalgia here...

They are and always will be beautiful chips. Classy design, and elegant colorations....

CDI chips are better. Change my mind... lol

CDI chips are better. Change my mind... lol
Perhaps.

My Pharaoh's sold in under 24hrs after listing. All to one buyer. No splits.

My CDIs...still sitting. I reduced price to lose alot of money...still sitting

If they are better...nobody really thinks so... Pharaoh's FTW!!!

@Jeevansluck correct me if I'm wrong but were your pharaohs not all Tournament level chips? 5s and above? $25 and up sell quick in any of these sets because they are played as tourney chips... as I said in my post the lower denoms made for cash sets I believe are less desirable because they are available to everyone, correct me if I'm wrong but most people I know that own these or on the hunt are looking for tourney chips not cash therefore the low denoms are not as desirable and therefore less value. I question the 24hrs I think it was a bit longer! Lol but you had a fantastic price and overall I would not argue that there is more demand for pharaohs but also in my opinion these are the same chips... it's a matter of preference to me, most of us CDI guys love Bond and bond chips... definitely what brought me to the forum! Nuthin but love for ya brother!! Just my 2 cents

@Jeevansluck correct me if I'm wrong but were your pharaohs not all Tournament level chips? 5s and above? $25 and up sell quick in any of these sets because they are played as tourney chips... as I said in my post the lower denoms made for cash sets I believe are less desirable because they are available to everyone, correct me if I'm wrong but most people I know that own these or on the hunt are looking for tourney chips not cash therefore the low denoms are not as desirable and therefore less value. I question the 24hrs I think it was a bit longer! Lol but you had a fantastic price and overall I would not argue that there is more demand for pharaohs but also in my opinion these are the same chips... it's a matter of preference to me
I don't think this is accurate.

More Pharaoh's Club high denominations were made ($25, $100, $500, $1000) than lower denominations (25c, $1, $5). The 25c chips typically sell for higher prices than other denominations (higher demand/lower supply). When inventories started drying up, the lower denominations disappeared first, with plenty of $25, $500, and $1000 chips available for quite awhile. Even today, cash sets tend to bring higher prices than tourney chips (again, supply/demand).

There are several reasons behind the popularity of Pharaoh's Club over the other fantasy sets of that era:
  • produced in fewer numbers
  • designed by chippers for a group buy
  • unique color-matched artwork for each denomination
  • used the PC mold version that did not have an oversized recess
  • versatile no-denom chips were also available
  • also made available on the card pips mold
Fwiw, of all the PC mold chips produced (Classics, CdIC, NPS, Pharaoh's), those with standard size inlays on an oversized recess are by far the least desirable.

I don't think this is accurate.

More Pharaoh's Club high denominations were made ($25, $100, $500, $1000) than lower denominations (25c, $1, $5). The 25c chips typically sell for higher prices than other denominations (higher demand/lower supply). When inventories started drying up, the lower denominations disappeared first, with plenty of $25, $500, and $1000 chips available for quite awhile. Even today, cash sets tend to bring higher prices than tourney chips (again, supply/demand).

There are several reasons behind the popularity of Pharaoh's Club over the other fantasy sets of that era:
  • produced in fewer numbers
  • designed by chippers for a group buy
  • unique color-matched artwork for each denomination
  • used the PC mold version that did not have an oversized recess
  • versatile no-denom chips were also available
  • also made available on the card pips mold
Fwiw, of all the PC mold chips produced (Classics, CdIC, NPS, Pharaoh's), those with standard size inlays on an oversized recess are by far the least desirable.
As always quality info sir! Again still learning, I still believe it's a matter of taste but I understand your points and always thank you for the free knowledge!!

Just came to say I'm with @BGinGA on all things Paulson home market chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

But also, the whole bloody chip market is stupid right now.

And it's not on everyone to talk up the prices of chips, to keep prices high so that noone loses money from overpaying.

Some chip prices inflate massively over the short term, because a few people want the same set at the same time. Once those buyers sell their chips and new buyers dry up, the prices drop.

Prime example is the sdpm t100. The prices on those have gone up and down like a rollercoaster, depending on how many people are doing relabel sets at the time. That doesn't change the fact that long term they are worth under $180 a rack. And i've paid over $200 for some. I'm still not gonna try to pretend they are always valued at over $200 to "protect my investment"

Last edited:
@Jeevansluck correct me if I'm wrong but were your pharaohs not all Tournament level chips? 5s and above? $25 and up sell quick in any of these sets because they are played as tourney chips... as I said in my post the lower denoms made for cash sets I believe are less desirable because they are available to everyone, correct me if I'm wrong but most people I know that own these or on the hunt are looking for tourney chips not cash therefore the low denoms are not as desirable and therefore less value. I question the 24hrs I think it was a bit longer! Lol but you had a fantastic price and overall I would not argue that there is more demand for pharaohs but also in my opinion these are the same chips... it's a matter of preference to me, most of us CDI guys love Bond and bond chips... definitely what brought me to the forum! Nuthin but love for ya brother!! Just my 2 cents
I had 700 other cash denom Paulson you maybe didn't see. I didnt take alot of pics. I sold them all Privately for the most part. my Pharaoh's ultimately sold to a buyer who contacted me pretty quick after listing em is all I was saying. I had 1400 of these things. 100 went to you.:) But my Pharaoh's were infact all high denoms $25 and up. My cash chips consisted of CDis and Classics. I hope I didn't sound like I was griping about not being able to sell them. Before tonight's session is over...they come down. They get reborn as something else. I've been able to sell 1300 out of 1400. Made massive changes througout my whole collection. I love this place. Im price blind if you knew what I've done and what I've paid. I guess my perspective is warped because I have no baseline knowledge of what I'm buying. I just love chips. I'm addictive and I want something new all the time. I try to stop...but it keeps taking hold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom