What would you do? (1 Viewer)

tallsbutler

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 600 piece set that I want to store in a case. I've tried racks, but they are worn Paulsons at varying heights so there is just more play in some than others. Also, I have a few extras over the 600 and it would be great to just throw them in the case too. Finally, I've just come to realize I prefer cases.

Problem is, I can only find 500 piece cases or 600 piece birdcages.

Breakdown:
100 x .25
200 x $1
200 x $5
80 x $20
20 x $100

For all of you out there who also like the 600 chip breakdown, what do you use/what would you do??

A few years back it was a thing on eBay where sellers were selling 500 chip cases that were modified to fit 600 by removing the center section where the cards and dice area is and adding 2 extra rows. For some reason this suddenly became not a thing and they stopped selling.them,

Now you can find 600 ct aluminum cases just look on eBay they are out there complete with card and dice sections that you can use to throw your spare chips in..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Poker-Chip-Case-600-chip-capacity-heavy-gauge-aluminum/112564264132

You could also buy one of the many hard shell Pelican, Members Mark type cases and custom fit the foam to hold whatever amount you need.

I would add 2 more racks of $5 chips :LOL: :laugh:, then buy an SRA case (find them on amazon):
You can throw your extras in a small case (I think the ones pictured are Cooin Vaults), and fit your cards/buttons etc.
full

full

Others would say get a Member's Mark faux pelican case from Sam's Club. A good value for sure.

I would add 2 more racks of $5 chips :LOL: :laugh:, then buy an SRA case (find them on amazon):
Others would say get a Member's Mark faux pelican case from Sam's Club. A good value for sure.

The problem with both of these solutions is that they're just boxes to put your racks in, and he told us he didn't want to use racks.
There's a lot of case bigotry that goes on here, but there's no shame in using a cheap aluminum case. and the one thebigtater linked above looks fine. Aluminum cases get a bad rap here for two reasons. 1) they're cheap crap, and 2) they're what cheapo dice chips are sold in. As far as the first point goes, consider it seriously. Most of these cases have hinges and latches and handles that are crap. If you actually use them for transportation, they'll eventually break apart, fall apart or find some explosive way to spread your chips across somebody's driveway. So if you do use them for transportation, handle with extreme care while you save up for a decent case like a Versa deluxe. But as far as storing in your own house, cheapo aluminum cases are fine.

Wow. I was just looking for a 600 chip case, to hold CC Pharoah tournament set. That eBay looks good. I’d prefer, and have, a more square case but mine are all 500ish.

I’m sort of a case freak and I want a case to fit about 600 chips, some plaques, and bounty chips.

Problem is, I can only find 500 piece cases or 600 piece birdcages
For all of you out there who also like the 600 chip breakdown, what do you use/what would you do??
Here's my solution.

This is one of the 500 chip vinyl cases from Spinetti's -- that has 10 rows for 50 chips (50 dice chips) and 2 insets in the middle for cards. I like them for a couple reasons, relatively inexpensive, they'll stack flat on a bookshelf (IIRC, it's more than 24" wide, but less than 31"), and the handle folds flat to the case, so the handle doesn't flop in front when the're stacked on a shelf.

But one of the biggest likes I have about the case is that the middle section for the 2 decks of cards will hold 4 additional barrels of 20 Paulson chips exactly. On the bottom section in the picture below, I cut out a little foam strip to put between the 2 barrels of greens, but some other type of spacer will work to hold the chips in place. So, it's instantly a 580 chip case. And if the chips are Paulsons, new or maybe worn, each row will easily fit 52+ Paulson chips (I think there may be 60 peach 50cent chips in the picture below). So 600+ chips will fit in this case.

Wow. I was just looking for a 600 chip case, to hold CC Pharoah tournament set. That eBay looks good. I’d prefer, and have, a more square case but mine are all 500ish.
I’m sort of a case freak and I want a case to fit about 600 chips, some plaques, and bounty chips.
I successfully squeezed 600 Pharoah's china clay chips in the same type of case below. (I don't know if I have any pics, and just sold my CC Pharoah's this month.) A few bounty chips would fit sideways in between the middle rows (EDIT: maybe 8 more chips), but no additional room for plaques

Cal Bell - set (sm).jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered a handful of these... Didn't realize they were so affordable. Probably not ideal for heavy transport, but my chips never leave my house. I'll report back!
I've found these 500 chip vinyl cases to be as sturdy or sturdier than some of the lower quality metal cases that some friends of mine have. Hope you like them. For storage cost per chip, they're hard to beat. And ordering a few at a time will save on shipping costs.

I also just remembered a thread I posted on inexpensive wood discs as chip spacers, thought you might want to take a look:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/alternative-option-for-chip-spacers.20657/

I've found these 500 chip vinyl cases to be as sturdy or sturdier than some of the lower quality metal cases that some friends of mine have. Hope you like them. For storage cost per chip, they're hard to beat. And ordering a few at a time will save on shipping costs.

That's good to hear about their quality. I assumed they must be solid for you to use them and endorse them. You're right, price is very hard to beat. I ordered 4 of them.

Thanks for the link to the other article! Intrigued by that!

I've got one of these wonky 650 chip cases... https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Alumi...516255185&sr=8-7&keywords=650+poker+chip+case

31A5ZRK9PJL.jpg

I got mine with a set of Good Luck Club chips I bought a year or so ago. I'm pretty sure it came with the set when the guy originally bought it from the Paulson store. It has 10 rows of 60 chips, and two small rows in the middle for the extra 50. It's fairly unique, as I've never seen one like it... but I love it. I also recommend the plastic spacers to make everything fit nice and snug.

EDIT: Looks like Spinetti's is the seller of this Amazon case. I checked their site, and they also have a non-locking version for only $25.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom