What would they put in your hand? (1 Viewer)

eightyWon

Straight
Reaction score
A buddy of mine's dad passed away. I just got back from the funeral. I wasn't super close with him, had partied and played cards with him a few times. It was one of those "we should make an appearance" and support my bud kind of situations.

His wife put a bottle of jezynowka in his hand in the casket. Knowing him a bit, it made me smile. He was a drinker and pure polack. It made me ponder what my family would put in my hand, too.

Just for fun (and as a small remembrance for a fellow card player that you've never met), what would be in your hand?

OIP.X1E67rOHAhMFGzh7pSV2YgHaNb

I share Craig's destiny. Ashes half mixed in with the clay on court 13 at our tennis club; half center court at Roland Garros.

Would probably want 3 items.

Frank-Full-Open-Box-250.gif

Tatuaje coffin cigar

large.png

Cask strength of course

s-l500.jpg
Protege-Poker-Chip-by-BCC-Tournament-Set-500-in-Mint-Near-Mint-condition-04-eo.jpg

And a couple of chips to go with the theme

I'm absolutely floored no one has yet said "cremated and pressed with the clay to comprise the ultimate commemorative CPC chip set to be passed onto the grandkids". That way they can be played with forever!

As a well-known life-long recreational (but seriously competitive) card player, one of the flower arrangements at my father's funeral contained a 5-card poker hand (a royal flush).

And his nephews made sure it was in his hand before the casket was closed.

But for me? Dunno, depends on who shows up for the funeral. If from my earlier school days, probably my trumpet. If from my post-college and middle ages, undoubtedly a fine leather backgammon dice cup. And if from my latter omc years, likely an ESPT and AST sample set in one hand. But I think I'd like those royal flush cards in the other one (hope we were playing 5-card Scrotum Hi-only). :)

His wife put a bottle of jezynowka in his hand in the casket. Knowing him a bit, it made me smile. He was a drinker and pure polack.

This melts my Polish heart....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom