What would do with this set? POLL (2 Viewers)

WWYD

• Snap buy, use AS-IS (they’re clay, and $.35/chip)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Buy, replace inlays for a generic limit set

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Buy, toss (or sell) chips, keep the case...

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Pass, don’t buy. Too much hassle.

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m asking for a friend...

ASM A Crest 1000 ct. Fugly inlay...

Price is $.35/chip

This set wasn’t listed for sale on CL or anything. Just a local player who was offering these up to another local player.

C2336F37-C576-4839-9C98-6907D27BB09B.jpeg
CDC6B4B9-FCBE-40DB-9AB0-4D771532288F.jpeg

If you need a limit set, easiest chip ever to replace an inlay on, they just pop out. Although I might leave the dogs playing poker side and replace the other side

Snap buy for sure. Replace the inlays with Gear labels and for about 70c per chip you have a great limit set.

If you don’t want them buy them for someone here that can use them.

I might leave the dogs playing poker side and replace the other side
Can’t I just sharpie over “Dave”? ;)
Hey, nothing wrong with that other side..... o_O:cautious:

Was looking around the house to see if I have a couple thousand of ~anything~...... turns out the inlay itself holds the secret clue.

It's all about my playing card collection. I have almost EXACTLY 2000 plastic playing cards. Also, there are almost EXACTLY 2000 dog legs represented on our client list. Poker chips that depict dogs playing poker using playing cards and chips, with a flip side that tells how many I have of each. How amazing is that? (y) :thumbsup::cool:

I did think of YOU @BGinGA when I saw the inlays... You want 'em, I'll sell em to you for $.60/chip :) Ha ha... JK.

You forgot about "Buy them and offer them up for your cost + shipping to those who have been looking for 312 A molds..."
Keep the case if you want it.

Would these need milling at all, or could one simply put a @Gear label right in?

Might be interested in 800 of them for a limit set as I cannot bring myself to buy 800 china clays for that purpose - @Trihonda would you mind shipping to Australia mate?

PM Sent.

Edit - If not, I have an associate in the US who will :)

Last edited:
You forgot about "Buy them and offer them up for your cost + shipping to those who have been looking for 312 A molds..."
Keep the case if you want it.

Not sure if that option is on the table at this point. If these do get sold right away to this community, they’d be sold at cost.

Liking the idea of owning a limit set, which is the one set I don’t really own. Didn’t wake up this morning thinking I needed a limit set, but since when did any of us limit our chip collecting to only sets we needed.

Not sure if that option is on the table at this point. If these do get sold right away to this community, they’d be sold at cost.

Liking the idea of owning a limit set, which is the one set I don’t really own. Didn’t wake up this morning thinking I needed a limit set, but since when did any of us limit our chip collecting to only sets we needed.
We'll (@jja412 and I) take them if you don't want them :)

Would these need milling at all, or could one simply put a @Gear label right in?

Might be interested in 800 of them for a limit set as I cannot bring myself to buy 800 china clays for that purpose - @Trihonda would you mind shipping to Australia mate?

PM Sent.

Edit - If not, I have an associate in the US who will :)

No need to Mill or anything that difficult. The inlay will pop out easily with a sharp point blade. I have removed the inlay from a rack of ASM/CPC chips in 20 to 30 minutes.

You have to remove the inlay to put a new label on the chips. There isn’t a recess with the existing inlay in place.

No need to Mill or anything that difficult. The inlay will pop out easily with a sharp point blade. I have removed the inlay from a rack of ASM/CPC chips in 20 to 30 minutes.

You have to remove the inlay to put a new label on the chips. There isn’t a recess with the existing inlay in place.
Thanks mate, appreciate the advice.

I haven’t seen the chips yet. The seller is playing a local MSPT event in Milwaukee right now.

No probs.

What/where do you guys use/buy quality labels? Looking for a material that have a plastic laminate on top of the art work for durability.

Thnx!

Thanks!

What/where do you guys use/buy quality labels? Looking for a material that have a plastic laminate on top of the art work for durability.

Thnx!

Thanks!

@Gear is probably responsible for 95% of the labels around here,and a variety of options are available, including laminated (which improves durability).

I am going to snag this set on Saturday during game I’m hosting. The seller and I prop bet to adjust the price, and I lost.... so I’m paying slightly more than anticipated... but still a screaming deal.

I’m considering turning this into a non-denomination limit set. I need to get rid of the personalization at a minimum. I had someone suggest just leaving the dogs/poker inlay and just replacing the “Dave” side (possibly with a replica of the dogs side). This cuts effort and cost in half. And leaves me with 1000 ASM chips that can be used for 1/2 limit, 2/4, 4/8 or whatever.

What do folks think of this idea? Any other thoughts?

Personally if I were purchasing these I would completely replace the inlays. It would be a fun, lengthy side project to work on. The project would be relatively (in the poker chip world of nice chips) inexpensive and you can make some awesome chips that are custom to your exact likings. Really popping out those inlays is not much work at all. And relabeling is fun because you are working on the final product.

I agree with @Burke, change out the inlay completely. You have very little invested in them. Spending an extra 30c per chip to have a really nice label is worth it. The best part is once you have the chips you don’t have to buy the labels right away. That way you aren’t putting out $700 or so all at once.

Get the inlays off. Work on a design for a while. And when you are ready to spend $300 order the labels.

Inlay removal might take you two nights in front of the TV, if you are slower at it. So the work portion isn't that bad at all.

If you're not particularly happy with the dogs playing poker inlay, remove both and personalize it. Take your time and get something you really like. Nice find, take advantage of it!

fLat Tire set... L for Limit ... :LOL: :laugh:

Nice. Maybe just a FT logo with NO $ sign.

In the interim, I like the idea of just popping out the inlays now. Doing replacements at time and BR allow.

Just curious for those who’ve done this, does this “inlay removal” leave a fairly clean “blank” chip or are there fugly glue splotches that you’ll need a label to cover up?

Just curious for those who’ve done this, does this “inlay removal” leave a fairly clean “blank” chip or are there fugly glue splotches that you’ll need a label to cover up?
There might be some residue. As old as these seem to be, it will probably be pretty dry and should come off easily

Usually on ASMs, the label pops off, and there is a discolored flat spot where you can see the glue they used to hold the inlay in place. But in my experience, it almost always is level with the rest of the recess, and doesn't need any extra attention.

You can clearly see the glue area on both chips. However, they are flat and will be undetectable under a label.

EDIT: You were wondering if they look good without labels? Nope, not really.

Last edited:
Awesome. So I’m other words. At the very least I’m gonna end up with 312 Black/red ASM A mold blanks.

I’ll take it

Black/red chips, when your logo theme is Black/Red. Perfect win for a relabel project. If you could get a rack of these, for color-ups...
upload_2018-4-10_17-39-0.png

...you would be set for hosting a limit game at your next meet-up (y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom