What was the dead man's hand? (1 Viewer)

djkahled

Sitting Out
Reaction score
On the Nevada Jack Skulls series of poker you see the "Wild Bill's" Skull with a hole in the middle. He is holding aces and eights - the dead man's hand. But he is also holding a jack eventhough most references I can find point to him having a queen of hearts.

Does anybody know why? Are there any urban legends in the US that he might have had something different?

My favorite legend about this is that he had discarded one card keeping AA88 and had not received his 5th card when he was shot.

AA88 hand is a legend.
According to what Daniel Negranu claimed in 7 season of HSP in 19th century some newspaper in USA south published article about judge who died during poker game holding Jack's full.

But does anybody know why there is a jack on the Nevada Skull chips?

I don't believe the fifth card is known. It is said that Wild Bill had the black aces and black eights.

The company is called "Nevada Jacks." Possible they made the fifth card a Jack as a bit of an advertisement.

In modern myth, I think lots of creative writers have identified the fifth card as another Ace, to complete the full house. They're usually not so picky as to the suits.

I don't believe the fifth card is known. It is said that Wild Bill had the black aces and black eights.

The company is called "Nevada Jacks." Possible they made the fifth card a Jack as a bit of an advertisement.
Thats actually a really smart answer that I didnt think about yet it is so obvious too haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom