What Video or PC Games Are You Playing? (1 Viewer)

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
I'm sure there are other PC or Console gamers out there (or mobile gaming which has taken off). So what are you playing, share what you love, what you hate, etc

I like racing games but don't have any current ones. PS# Nascar 11 for me sometimes. I'm not much of a gamer anymore.

I bought used copies of Guitar Hero 80s and V for PS2 a few weeks ago. Been on a throwback kick since then.

MOBILE GAMING: Clash of Clans. Been playing over a year. Now TH10 Level 123 with Level 20 Heroes. Rocking All Skull and some Lego Walls.

Waiting for Fallout Shelter to release for Android next month.

CONSOLE GAMING: Just have a Wii U for gaming with the wife. Play Mario Kart 8 and Mario World 3D

PC GAMING: My bread & butter. Have quite the backlog of games to play.

Recently finished a campaign as Macedon in Total War Rome 2 on Legendary difficulty. Will probably play another campaign at some point and try different factions, or perhaps a total overhaul mod.

Installed Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut next, but uninstalled pretty quick. Just came across as too much of a console port with the controls, and the storyline and characters seemed super cliché and uninteresting.

Now playing Galactic Civilizations III. Was a big fan of Gal Civ II Twilight of the Arnor. So far not finding this one as engaging, but it's pretty fresh out of launch so I'm sure over time will improve, especially with mod community support.

Got plenty of other games I've yet to install, plus about 30 more on my wishlist (which can wait for big sales in Nov/Dec, love picking up finished games with all the extras for 10 bucks or less)

Xbox 1: GTA5 and NHL 2015
PC: DayZ with custom maps and mods.

I just picked up this little gem on Sunday to play :)

Xmen_1.jpg

How is DayZ? I like zombie stuff but looked like it might be clunky and stuck in beta hell forever

DayZ Mod that runs on the same game engine as ARMA 2 is the one I play. I tried DayZ on ARMA 3's game engine and I don't like it. There is also DayZ Game which is what I think you are talking about. It's a standalone. Tried when the first beta came out. Didn't like it.

It's not clunky at all. You need to have ARMA 2 installed to play DayZ Mod which is free.

Just have to find a good server to play on. Most play with add-on mods so you'll have to install those files too in order to play on the server. DayZ Epoch is very popular. There is a program call Six Commander that will download the mod files. Not too many vanilla DayZ servers left.

Slowly playing Bloodborne. I'm lucky if o get in a few hours a week though

Xbox 1 - COD: Advanced Warfare, and probably Elder Scrolls once I get a copy of it.

I remember playing a COD game years ago, can't remember, Modern Warfare or something? I remember in multiplayer they had airdrops you could get by racking up kills and during the holiday season they added one where you'd hear Santa's Sleigh overhead and then the bombs would drop.

But haven't played a COD game since that one. I assume Elder Scrolls you mean Skyrim? I played it on PC and was underwhelmed, needed mods to make it visually stunning. And found it to be:

1. Too easy once you can craft and enchant weapons and armor to make yourself powerful enough to take down enemies in one hit
2. Too big (there's just so many side quests and such eventually it's a bit overwhelming with all the stuff piling up in your journal and all the quest markers. There's lots of nifty little stories and events here and there, but overall the main storyline and characters never really grab me and make me care, unlike the original Dragon Age: Origins which I thought was pretty fantastic)

I've been playing skyrim for ages. I'm also just restarting Fallout - New Vegas in anticipation of Fallout 4

I was playing Skyrim and deep into the vampire questline where you're hunting for that special bow and hit some game breaking bug that kept crashing my game and I just got sick of it and uninstalled.

I played Fallout New Vegas first and completed it, and played Fallout 3 after with mods (that make it look as nice as todays games) but never got around to completing it.

I've been playing skyrim for ages. I'm also just restarting Fallout - New Vegas in anticipation of Fallout 4

I think I got around 150ish hours in vanilla before I even went and got the first full dragon shout. Just kept doing side quest after side quest. Yep 150 hours with just FUS and no RO DAH. Skyrim fish.

I played Fallout New Vegas first and completed it, and played Fallout 3 after with mods (that make it look as nice as todays games) but never got around to completing it.

I bought Fallout 3 on release day and it was the first game in a long time that really sucked me in, love that game. That being said, I don't think I could go back to playing 3 without heavy mods after playing New Vegas.

Game that takes up the majority of my playing time right now is Path of Exile for PC. It's what Diablo 3 should have been if it stuck to it's roots. Tons of different viable skills / character builds, trade based economy, deep crafting system, and 100% free to play. If you at all enjoy ARPGs, I highly recommend you check it out.

Add me on Steam: ceeboogie

Been stuck on league of legends for a long time and also have been playing CS:Go.

LoL, isn't that the team game that's really popular in Korea or something, kinda like a competitor to DoTA (or the original before DoTA came on the scene?) I haven't played counterstrike in a long time.

Last FPS I played was Battlefield 3. I was really good at winning conquest maps for my team. I may have not been the twitchiest bunny-hopping one-on-one duel master, but I knew the maps, the flow of troops and where the enemy would generally be concentrating their forces and where there'd be openings to take advantage of.

I can't get the bf3stats website to load the page, but I think it was something like at least 3 or 4 wins for every loss, but maybe more. I know my stats put me in the top rankings for matches won vs lost.

LoL, isn't that the team game that's really popular in Korea or something, kinda like a competitor to DoTA (or the original before DoTA came on the scene?) I haven't played counterstrike in a long time.

Last FPS I played was Battlefield 3. I was really good at winning conquest maps for my team. I may have not been the twitchiest bunny-hopping one-on-one duel master, but I knew the maps, the flow of troops and where the enemy would generally be concentrating their forces and where there'd be openings to take advantage of.

I can't get the bf3stats website to load the page, but I think it was something like at least 3 or 4 wins for every loss, but maybe more. I know my stats put me in the top rankings for matches won vs lost.

League has been the #1 PC game for a long time so popular everywhere, not just Korea. DoTA was based off of Warcraft and was around for a long time as a sub-culture to the bigger game. Riot took things with League to a different level. DoTA2 has followed suit. I've been playing league since beta, so longer than most, back when there were only a few champions and things were very unreliable. Every time I try another game, I keep coming back to league. My CS skills aren't too bad since I haven't played in much in the last few years, but when I play against the 20 year olds oh man do I feel old...

I don't play very often, but when I do it is usually old stuff. A lot of cabinet games on M.A.M.E like Shinobi, Bubble Bobble, Rastan, etc., or some old 8-bit Nintendo games like Dragon Warrior, Mario Bros, Adventure Island, etc.

I believe so. My brother keeps telling me to get it so I can play with him since he is out in Montana. We will see if I get it or not.

Maybe he means the Elder Scrolls online MMORPG game then, I don't believe you can play Skyrim together.

Maybe he means the Elder Scrolls online MMORPG game then, I don't believe you can play Skyrim together.

Yeah the Elder Scrolls he keeps telling me about is a MMORPG. Turns out my dad bought an Xbox 1 so he could play it too. Doesn't know how to use the controller and just spins in circles and runs into trees. Maybe I will just borrow the game from him.

I don't play very often, but when I do it is usually old stuff. A lot of cabinet games on M.A.M.E like Shinobi, Bubble Bobble, Rastan, etc., or some old 8-bit Nintendo games like Dragon Warrior, Mario Bros, Adventure Island, etc.

I still have my Nintendo with Adventure Island and a whole bunch of others. Every couple of years we pull it out and go nuts for a few months and then put it back into storage. I always thought Adventure Island was a hard game.

Yeah the Elder Scrolls he keeps telling me about is a MMORPG. Turns out my dad bought an Xbox 1 so he could play it too. Doesn't know how to use the controller and just spins in circles and runs into trees. Maybe I will just borrow the game from him.

Sounds like when I tried having my wife play Left 4 Dead with me (multiplayer survival shooter). She had so much trouble looking around and would be looking at the ground or at the sky and not in front of her, was pretty hilarious to see. Although she's gotten better, she's playing Bioshock: Infinite now.

I still have my Nintendo with Adventure Island and a whole bunch of others. Every couple of years we pull it out and go nuts for a few months and then put it back into storage. I always thought Adventure Island was a hard game.
I still haven't finished the damn thing. Granted I only play it several times a year so I never remember what I have to do in later levels. Still a fun game though. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom