what values do you guys use? (1 Viewer)

MrMeaty

High Hand
Reaction score
what values do you guys use? for cash games and for tourneys? do you play with a lot of different values or just with a few?

Depends on the stakes, and starting stack for tourney's, what stakes/starting stacks do your group usually play?

For cash, it depends on stakes. Most common for home games would be .25/1/5/25/100. Some will use .50 chips rather than quarters. Some will use 20’s rather than 25’s.

For tourneys, 25/100/500/1000/5000 is most common.

i play tournament and values are normally 10/20 or 25/50 stack size is random because i use a bunch of dice chips at the moment.

For cash games, I try to never have more than three denominations on the table. Why? No idea...it’s just what I like. What those three denominations are comes down to the limits being played!

If the games are split pot games, the fewer the denominations the better. I played in such a game with quarters, fifty-cent chips, dollars, fives and ten dollar chips. It was a pain in the ass to chop and sometimes exceptionally slow.

On the other hand, some of my high value chips are really pretty and deserve some felt time. yes, this leads to people needing to make change but who wouldn't want some of these beauty's on the table?

The hundreds get lonely in the chip case -=- DrStange

To properly count a stack you need to sum each denomination. It's easier to mentally add two or three totals instead of four or five.

I prefer unit chips - chips with denominations but no currency symbols; to play different stakes you just change the buy-in multiplier. The chips are labeled 1/5/25/100/500/1000 but the high values are mostly for show rather than being of any practical use.

few people do this
it's probably a bad idea

I enjoy bad ideas

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom