What? South Texas Snow? (1 Viewer)

Goodness. What size snow flakes are you getting BG? 7.62 or what? Haha

I suspect its thick layers of ice taking down the trees. We had something similar here last year. Every few minutes we would hear cracking and then see big branches falling.

fortunately we don't get that here. we had a twelve car pile up this morning due to "Iced" roads. I swear we've got the worst drivers in the country

Correction, over/under is 7 for the number of trees down in MY yard.

The roof has been hit hard three times, a single pine in front has dropped branches four times (making a pile measuring 20 ft x 7 ft x 8 feet high, and blocking one lane of the street), one large branch smashed the gutter and outside deck in back, and my Eclipse in the driveway is covered in large branches and no longer has a rear window.

And it still sounds like a gun range, trees and large branches snapping off everywhere every 5 minutes or so on average, sometimes 3 or 4 all at once. I suspect it will resemble a war zone by morning light.

My goodness BG, be safe!

Goodness. What size snow flakes are you getting BG? 7.62 or what? Haha
Big, wet ones, and lots of'em. Total around 6 inches here, and the tree branches can't handle the weight. No ice yet, but that will change soon since the temperature just now hit 32 degrees and will drop another 2 degrees or so by morning, turning the melting snow into an ice sheet and making the hilly roads around here totally undriveable.

And oh yeah, we also lost power about 20 minutes ago. You may not hear from me again for awhile. :(

Big, wet ones, and lots of'em. Total around 6 inches here, and the tree branches can't handle the weight. No ice yet, but that will change soon since the temperature just now hit 32 degrees and will drop another 2 degrees or so by morning, turning the melting snow into an ice sheet and making the hilly roads around here totally undriveable.

And oh yeah, we also lost power about 20 minutes ago. You may not hear from me again for awhile. :(

Hope you stocked up whiskey and beer. Be safe out there

Hope you stocked up whiskey and beer. Be safe out there
Indeed:
And by essentials, I meant cigarettes, chocolate, Jack Daniels, beer, Kahlula, and Half-n-Half. :p Plenty of TP already.
Power has tried to come back on five times in the last 60 seconds.... never lasting longer than 3-4 seconds before flashing back off.

Would suck to be an on-call utility company repairman tonight.

Still dark.

Power is back on this a.m. but no cable/internet. Got another 1-2 inches of snow. Gonna venture out for a neighborhood look-see after the coffee's ready.

View from the back screened porch:

20171209_091530.jpg

20171209_091549.jpg

Lots-o-snow for Atlanta:

20171209_091629.jpg

20171209_092226.jpg

Large branches down everywhere:

20171209_091738.jpg

20171209_091745.jpg

20171209_091749.jpg

20171209_092115.jpg

Most broken/down trees are pines, since they have needles that can collect large amounts of snow. Most other tree species have lost their leaves, and are in little danger from heavy snow.

But this one, bent over and hanging above the street out front, could go at any minute:

20171209_092409.jpg

Yeah, it's mine. And the van is in the shop getting a new engine. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom