What? South Texas Snow? (1 Viewer)

David O

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Not quite what a bunch of you northerners get but we are getting some huge snowflakes coming down in San Antonio. These flakes are 1 - 2 inches big and just staring to stick.

I am starting to feel like Pat - @AK Chip right now!:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2442.JPG

I got a surprise this morning. The snow made it all the way to Baytown (Houston). Neighbors were putting the finishing touches on a 3 foot snowman as I drove to work.

Snowing here in Atlanta this morning. Schools are scrambling to send kids home. Crazy clueless drivers on the road.

Snowing here in Atlanta this morning. Schools are scrambling to send kids home. Crazy clueless drivers on the road.
Still a couple of inches of snow on the roofs here but 36 degrees and very sunny so it is quickly melting. I am getting ready to get out amongst the crazy drivers but only because I have to.

Very cool... no snow up here in DC right now. I saw a video of snow at the Alamo that looked out of place, but serene.

Fucking global warming!
I said this same thing when it started snowing lol
;) Warmer ocean water temperatures does mean more water vapor in the air, which can create more snow in some areas during winter months. Although, no single weather event is proof for or against global warming or climate change. I'm just enjoying the oddity of seeing pictures of snow in Texas, Georgia, and elsewhere.

Closed shop early, went shopping for essentials, just got home - not going anywhere until Monday morning. :)(y) :thumbsup:

5" of snow anywhere down south cripple us southerners. We are so ill equipped for snow & ice.

OMG, a run on bread and milk at the grocery store, which is dumb, really should be run on beer and toilet paper.

No snow for us, it's been bone dry here for months.

OMG, a run on bread and milk at the grocery store, which is dumb, really should be run on beer and toilet paper.
went shopping for essentials
And by essentials, I meant cigarettes, chocolate, Jack Daniels, beer, Kahlula, and Half-n-Half. :p Plenty of TP already.

Sitting out on the screen porch, and the neighborhood sounds like a frickin' gun range. Over/under on number of trees down within five houses in any direction is 7.

Correction, over/under is 7 for the number of trees down in MY yard.

The roof has been hit hard three times, a single pine in front has dropped branches four times (making a pile measuring 20 ft x 7 ft x 8 feet high, and blocking one lane of the street), one large branch smashed the gutter and outside deck in back, and my Eclipse in the driveway is covered in large branches and no longer has a rear window.

And it still sounds like a gun range, trees and large branches snapping off everywhere every 5 minutes or so on average, sometimes 3 or 4 all at once. I suspect it will resemble a war zone by morning light.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom