What should I buy?????? (1 Viewer)

fasanbur

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi

First post here in pokerchipforum from Sweden
I have some home tournaments with 10 friend say 6 times a year and looking for some new poker chips.
Set of 500 chips
My budget is 400-500$.
Ceramic or clay doesent matter, although i kind of like the tiki kings a little bit morte
Where can I get most quality chips for my money?
Some inspiration photos of what u have done would be nice
Sincerly
Jonas

Welcome fellow Swede! Where in Sweden are you?

I’ll echo @BGinGA and say get samples. The only new clay chip option you have is CPC but there are plenty of sets sold member to member through the classifieds. Obviously if you feel fine with either clay or ceramics, the latter is a lo cheaper.

Also look at breakdowns. For a 10 player tournament you should be able to get away with 400 chips, making your per chip budget stretch a bit further.

You could use a 12/12/5/6
with 25/100/500/1000 denoms for a T10k starting stack and possibly add some 5ks for deepstack play:

T25 - 120
T100 - 120
T500 - 50
T1000 - 90-110
(T5000 - 0-20)

Or even less than 400 by doing a 8/8/6/6:

T25 - 80
T100 - 80
T500 - 60
T1000 - 100
T5000 - 20

Definitely get samples.

I have a set of a whole bunch of samples (china clay, ceramic, etc) that was loaned to me from @PrOnAddict so a friend could decide on his own purchase (he went with the Bank china clays from Apache).

I still need to send it back to him, but he did mention starting a "travelling sample set" for Euro-chippers. If he's fine with it, I'm happy to ship it up your way as long as you ship it back to him (or the next person who needs them). I for sure have some random Paulsons kicking around that I could put in there too for comparison.

Thank all for the replys guys!!!
@Ainton , that would be great.
I live down in Malmoe, you know the football capital of Sweden ;)

Thank all for the replys guys!!!
@Ainton , that would be great.
I live down in Malmoe, you know the football capital of Sweden ;)
Yeah I’ve heard of it :unsure: I’ll send you a pm later:tup:

Edit: I can’t send you a pm, maby you have to do some more posting on the forum first

Last edited:
@Ainton, yeah I saw that minimum of 10 :)

Do u guys have any experience of buying poker chips from Europe?
Im thinking about if the quality are better or worse, for example.
If I am gonna buy chips from USA the shipping cost is at least 100$ wi

Welcome!
I was an exchange student long ago in a town north of you, Osby. My mom’s family originated from Ahus.
Beautiful part of the world your in!

USA have a lot more to offer, I have bought most of the chips that I currently own, on this forum! Keep posting and then check out the classified section!

Once every blue moon you’ll be lucky enough to find exactly what you’re looking for through a EU member but most of the chips will come from the US. Don’t worry though, you’ll get numb to shipping cost and custom fees after you buy your fifth set.

Once every blue moon you’ll be lucky enough to find exactly what you’re looking for through a EU member but most of the chips will come from the US. Don’t worry though, you’ll get numb to shipping cost and custom fees after you buy your fifth set.
True. With prices lately the last thing I think about currently are shipping costs. ;)

So what u are saying is that the best thing is to buy the chips here on PCF?

So what u are saying is that the best thing is to buy the chips here on PCF?
Without a doubt. I did buy a set of Royals from Apache but other than that every chip I own/have owned have come through here.

Also, most don’t mind putting a lower value on the customs form so you’ll save some money on that at least. Provided that you’re willing to take the risk in case they get lost on the way. I’ve never had any chips go missing fwiw and I have bought A LOT

Too many…for cash:

Paulson Lac courte Oreilles

BD61973C-B68C-4FD6-BBCD-EA90273B9869.jpeg

BCC Mardi gras:

9220027A-DD78-4AF8-AF39-00317C185E8E.jpeg

WTHC (have some more not pictured):

28880575-B891-432F-9131-160D7A3DC3EB.jpeg

TR King mixed:

A7BBEDA6-B87D-46F8-96CA-996AEC90FADD.jpeg

CPC customs:

4C12C80B-6CB1-4D84-99E7-CBDB5AF76FC7.jpeg

For tournaments

BG ceramics:

E1A501A0-1162-4115-A91D-B3CBD383256D.jpeg

Omg
Now I feel like a real newbie.
Nice looking chips
How long have u collected and first and foremost
What does your wife think of it

2 tournament sets to the left, Paulson Aurora Star Hotstamps and Jack Cincinnati Black Label Solids

1 Cash set, ABC Parks and Recreation
I recently sold 2 cash sets and a tournament set to make room for some more :LOL: :laugh:
9B6BD156-8F74-479B-8D10-3A5EC93ED432.jpeg

I've only got 2 sets, I'm a pauper when compared to these guys. Careful with @Eriks he'll encourage you down a dark path :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

DDLM cash set which will be kept to travel with, even though I'm the only one who hosts.

1631211169030.png

RHC Relabel project, to be completed.

1631211252335.png

Just wait till you start your own table build and get a custom case from Alec...it won't be long!

U guys r craazy
How much poker do u guys play with these chips?

@Ainton
I’ll take the sample set if its ok.
I’ve got 4 more days before I can DM you though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom