What set do you use? (1 Viewer)

WadeWilson

Reaction score
Personally I have the Fat Cat Hold'em poker chip set. Came with 500 chips and my and the guys have not really needed much more then this. Sometimes we exchange the smaller chips for bigger ones as the nights go on but we never have too big a pot.

What kind of set do you use? Do you think you want a bigger one? What kind?

Me and the guys use the "Da Vinci Set of 300 Welcome To Las Vegas Poker Chips" bought off of amazon at a discount. There are 300 chips; breaking up the dominations with 150 white chips ($1), 100 red chips ($5), and 50 blue chips ($10). For us they're alright, we're poor sons of guns so can't deal with much higher stakes haha. If some larger ones go on an offer then I'd make a new purchase.

I use the "New Nevada Jacks" 500 chip set. Denoms ranging from .25 to $5, but got a handful of the bigger denoms in case someone new to poker shows up and we get a chance to take him for all he's got, LOL. We usually only play cash games so no need for the big denoms.

I use the "New Nevada Jacks" 500 chip set. Denoms ranging from .25 to $5, but got a handful of the bigger denoms in case someone new to poker shows up and we get a chance to take him for all he's got, LOL. We usually only play cash games so no need for the big denoms.

Those are the ceramic Nevada Jacks right? I would love a set of the older BCC made chips.

Yeah, Saloon Series. I def prefer them over the old ones that had the skull cowboy dude on them. The BCC are nice. I'd like to have a set of custom chips made soon.

Man, I am noticing how much of noobs we were when I had a home game. We had a generic set from Wal-Mart, I think. And we set the denominations ourselves. There were so many times during the game when someone would ask 'How much is this chip worth again??"

I personally got a Globetrotter Ceramic Chip Set 500 from Sun-Fly.

Nothing to special or expensive.

I don't think my set is worth noting, just your generic chips that you get with a £50 poker set.
But the main thing is that it gets the job done.

Depends on my mood & what starting stacks I want for the night:

Could be BCC T-mold custom hot stamps, Paulson Pharaohs, Crystal Parks, Tikis, BCC Desert Palms (real ones, not China Clay), Custom Ceramics from ABCgiftsandawards.com, ...yeah, I've got issues.

dsc05476a.jpg

My fall back set is my paulson worlds but 10ppl or less I will always use the pharaohs. But my bcc grand card rooms are expected in a few weeks and they might take over the top spot.

It depends on a lot of things. How many people are playing... What type of game is going to be played (NL/Limit), the stakes, Cash or Tourney etc. I have a big tourney set (2000 chips), a small tourney set (400 chips), a big cash set (2000 chips), a small cash set (1000 chips), a micro cash set (600 chips), a custom non denomination set (800 chips) and a heads up tourney set (100 chips).

Thinking of adding to my Pharoah's Club cash set. If I bought the nickel chips it would allow me to use them for everything from the little $0.05/$0.10 game I play with friends, all the way up to a $1/$2 game. The problem becomes the fact that there are no 1200 chip bird cages.

First world problems . . .

I also like the Fat Cat Hold Em set. I never go wrong with it and I always win big when I use that particular set. I do like Globetrotter Ceramic and the Saloon Series, but the Fat Cat Set is like a lucky charm for me.

I have a 11.5g slugged holographic set (double dice 4 aces), but am upgrading to a China Clay set in the CT group buy. Well, that's the plan, anyways. As much as I like solid sets like the Grand Cardroom (Paulson or BCC), I can't justify spending $500+ on a setup that would work for our league. At least, not yet. ;)

There is a sale on Crazy Horse chips (same chip as the Milano series) in Toronto right now. I'm tempted...the fact that I could have them next week is very appealing to me, but it's a $125 premium over the group buy chips, and $25 over Milanos.

Must...be...patient...

The league I play in the host uses Key West chips and then for the cash game I believe he uses Pharaohs. I do remember a pyramid type Egyptian figure on the chip I think.

Depends on my mood & what starting stacks I want for the night:

Could be BCC T-mold custom hot stamps, Paulson Pharaohs, Crystal Parks, Tikis, BCC Desert Palms (real ones, not China Clay), Custom Ceramics from ABCgiftsandawards.com, ...yeah, I've got issues.

dsc05476a.jpg

Amazing! That is one of the nicest and largest collections I have ever seen. You sir are a true poker chip enthusiast. :)

After seeing that impressive display, I'm not sure I want to tell. I have about 2600 9 gram NexGen Pros (used for main tournament); 1200 denominated 8.5 gram super diamonds (used for sit-n-go's after main tournament players are knocked out), and some custom non-denominated 8 gram suits with a Yahoo logo (micro-cash, haven't played a cash game in YEARS).

HOLY MOTHER OF ............

That collection is crazy UW85. Can't get over that picture. How many chips is that?

I have a tournament set of pharaohs club chips, pretty good chips for the price.
Just ordered a set of the ceramic Yak chips for cash games :cool:

UB85 .. Crazy nice collection there.

Milanos. 1500 tourney set
150 $.25
100 $1
375 $5
300 $25
300 $100
100 $500
100 $1000
50. $5000
25. $10,000

Mesquite Star. ~1000 cash set
325. $1
250. $5
250. $25 (used a quarters)
150. $100 (sometimes used a $1)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 227
The Benny's and Mesquite Star chips go together well. It keeps the old west saloon theme.

Cash chips (plus bounty/seating chips) - I bought these cheap off eBay and added a label to them. Nothing fancy hopefully will replace these some day soon.
chips004.jpg

chips003.jpg

Tournament chips from PGI
img0879e.jpg

Was using Nevada Jacks ceramics but since I got Pharaohs I don't see the need for any other set, I love these chips. Look and feel

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom