What part of a turkey do you prefer? (1 Viewer)

Of course, I have been taking to Infra Red frying of my turkey's the past couple of years. Brine them for 48 hours, and throw them in an IR Fryer. Amazing, and none of the danger of oil fryers. So juicy, impossible to dry them out.

Is a chicken eating a turkey considered cannibalism? Also, do you inject before frying? I've heard good things (had it once when my firend deep-fried a turkey on a camping trip, and I don't know what he injected it with, but it was oh so delicious).

Yeah! Chickens, too. I used to know the name for them and google was no help. Anybody?

its under the breast or on the bottom (back) of the bird? There are two chunks from the back to the shoulder (wing). One on each side. Those are similar in texture to the oyster.

Last edited:
We eat thanksgiving dinner at least 2-3 times per year. (we are really thankful)

I am a breast man. Sometimes a leg is yummy too. But the stuffing inside the turkey, yummmmmmmmmm. As I get older, cranberry with the turkey has really grown on me as well. I hated it as a kid.

Is a chicken eating a turkey considered cannibalism? Also, do you inject before frying? I've heard good things (had it once when my firend deep-fried a turkey on a camping trip, and I don't know what he injected it with, but it was oh so delicious).

I don't inject. Doesn't seem necessary. Maybe I'm missing out.

I just brine in a 5 gallon pail lined with a food safe disposable liner, then drop it in the IR Fryer for a few hours. Super easy. Crispy skin and moist flavorful meat. Mmmm....

However.... there is a little secret dark meat place under the turkey when you're carving the breast that is just out of this world...SOOO GOOD

Ixnay on the oystersay.

(How do you expect them to stay a secret if you go blabbing about them on the 'net? 8;))

All of it Deep Fried. Inject with your favorite flavoring. (Like Seasoning) All comes out nice and juicy and the skin is crispy.

Stopped at a diner last night while driving my new used car home. Had a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings--Thanksgiving in August. White and dark meat together with stuffing and cranberry sauce confirmed nuts.

Turkey lunch special every Monday at Cardinal Hall of Fame cafe, $8.50. Now for a bourbon and nap...

uploadfromtaptalk1439832256557.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom