What Other Luxuries Can’t You Live Without? (3 Viewers)

-CPAP
-Heat pump /mini-split/Air conditioning
-Heated seats/steering wheel/windshield wipers in the Jeep.
-Gazebo with privacy panels, sectional sofa, propane fire pit.

All of the above is as much for me as it is for the wife (that's her contact name in my phone..."call The Wife" lol). Gotta keep her happy. Which reminds me, more wine.

For the heat pump, while it does heat my house nicely in the winter, my main reason for buying it was air conditioning. It is soooo nice in my house all summer long when it's hot outside. Meanwhile we have friends or family who have a window unit or portable AC unit that can't even cool 1 single room.
Sister in law, yeah I'm NOT going there this summer. I'll visit her in the fall. Not going in that furnace of a house this summer.

My Oakley Flight Deck goggles. A huge upgrade from my A-Frames!

Sick goggles. Ive been a Smith and Spy kind of guy for a while and I like cylindrical better than spherical lenses but those are awesome. I wore a pair for a few days in whistler and loved them, felt like I was in a bad ass fishbowl.

....I thought you wanted four rackets so if you got together with friends you would have rackets for them to use.... I'm a barely recreational occasional tennis player. I own one racket that I've used for more than 15 years.

I don't know about others here, but I rarely use the same racquets for more than two years -- technology advances, and the material in modern racquet frames starts to deteriorate after a year or two. So you can be sure that 15-year-old stick isn't helping your game any when you do play!

I have four, as does my wife. We play about five times a week, plus pickleball (but not me right now, sitting here with a badly damaged knee, doing research on local orthopedic surgeons :( ). Pretty much all our friends are tennis players and have their own racquets. And just in case, as you'd probably expect of a chipset collector, I have a collection of older racquets all the way back to the wood racquet days when I started playing.

And as you'd expect, Mark @k9dr is a tennis hustler in addition to his questionable poker activities, so watch out for side/prop bets at PCF meetups. :cool

Last edited:
Ah, so now the question is finished holes -- not holes of a given depth, diameter, or volume.

See, we're all waiting for the catch. Frogzilla worked it out correctly:

1.5 men = 1.5 holes in 1.5 days ->1 man = 1 hole in 1.5 days -> 4 men = 4 holes in 1.5 days;
5 days/1.5 days = 3-1/3;
3-1/3 x 4 holes = 13-1/3 holes.

...but once you do that, you start to wonder about the 1/3 hole -- isn't that a hole, too? Or is the catch that they stop at the end of each day, so there are more unfinished holes? Or something tricky about days and half-days?

Especially coming from someone in a town named Humble... :cool
Yup, I got it. Made one pesky error in my calculations. 13 1/3 it is!

Yes, I am in Humble, where we should know a lot about holes, since we were once home to the largest oilfield in Texas. Humble Oil Co is one of the predecessor companies that eventually became Exxon. The only thing humble about Humble is our name!

Houdini Lever Corkscrew

Houdini.jpg

Completely unnecessary, but I love it. We don't really even drink wine all that much, but on the odd occasion or when friends bring some over it's almost like a party trick. I received one as a housewarming gift like 10+ years ago, so I'm a little sad to see the reviews now say they break easily. The older version is built like a tank.

Baby wipes. Youngest child is 5 but we still have baby wipes in every washroom. Sometimes you need a little extra cleaning without the installation of a bidet.

/definitely not typing this while the wipes are behind me waiting to be used...:whistle: :whistling:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom