What oil should I use? (1 Viewer)

ff1228

Sitting Out
Reaction score
If I wanted to oil chips (CPC clays), what kind of oil is best to do so, feeling a little chalky rn

If I wanted to oil chips (CPC clays), what kind of oil is best to do so, feeling a little chalky rn
Here is what I'm using...
15852534197812793593844132028283.jpg

It's worth pointing out, I've managed nearly 2000 chips with the amount that is missing. Literally a couple cap fulls..

For other-than-chip purposes:
(Bob Is The Oil Guy)
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Jokes apart, shower them and wipe them clean first, before oiling.
It's called mineral oil in North America, paraffin oil in Europe, and I understand they can be sold at totally different places in the respective two continents (for best results in a Continental Pharmacy, ask for a carton of condoms too).

Use a clean shoe-shine applicator. NOT more than half a teaspoon of oil to apply on the sides (as 20-strong barrels) of 100 chips.
Having done that, use a soft micro-fibre cloth to wipe the excess oil from the sides of the barrels.
Now, with the slightly oiled cloth, wipe the perimeter of the faces, one-by-one (I'm sorry; CPCs need some work for best results).

Yes, max 50 ml (i.e. 10 tea spoons, i.e. one whisky serving in civilised countries) for 2,000 chips:tup:

Hi guys my wife got these mineral oil free for me today from work as the expiration date has passed. They can not use it in the Pharmacy any longer. Is this type of mineral oil ok to use on my New CPC chips to oil them? Thanks.

BCABA044-14FE-4981-A07D-CDC73B561C78.jpeg

Hi guys my wife got these mineral oil free for me today from work as the expiration date has passed. They can not use it in the Pharmacy any longer. Is this type of mineral oil ok to use on my New CPC chips to oil them? Thanks.

View attachment 542578
Based on my checking, of the pictured product, it's good to go. Same as the USP mineral oil I'm using.

Thanks NAV!
It's also worth pointing out, your oil's formula does contain dl-alpha-tocopherol, as a preservative. Not sure about the effect it may or may not have. The amount in there is probably hard to even measure. That's about the only thing I could think of that may pose a risk, otherwise, I'd use it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom